Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#451 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 4:55 PM
hah,(: you achieved that!

Call me Tyu. (:
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#452 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 11:27 AM
ok so i was thinking along the lines of these names for the mom and daughter

LULUDJA & NURI but have no idea about the last names as of yet and i still need to get a name for the husband

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Forum Resident
#453 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 8:27 PM
Those names are cool Tasia! Makes them sound a bit Romanian, lol!

Btw, I'm slowly moving your sims into the test world I made. It's so much fun to get to know them all and see how they respond to the houses. Jazmin is a great character. And I love her voice too. When she moved in the house, she started a fire twice. Yesterday I moved Talulah and Anita into their studio. I had them visit Jazmin and they can walk right out the back to each other's houses. With Twallan's story progression I can see what they're all up to when I switch households.
Maybe I should post some pics of interesting stuff that happens.
Field Researcher
#454 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 12:40 AM
lol i can imagine here in a fire lol but yea i would love to see pics

You can call me Tasia
Forum Resident
#455 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 5:34 PM
Here are some updates on the Ventura family. They came out looking much better already. Marcellina's face is the most difficult, because you can't see changes on toddlers very clearly. But I aged her up and down, until I thought she was ok. Let me know what you think.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#456 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 6:27 PM
Hey guys, I'm just going over the completed inhabitants to see where they should live and I'd love to get some input.

Tasia, do you think any of the completed lots fit the Costa family?

We also have the Luca and the Ricci families that still need a home.
James Campbell III and David Sharp are two singles that both need a place.

.... about David Sharp. He's one of HP's sims. Shall I put her families in the completed inhabitants section? HP said it would be ok if we needed to make changes. The only thing I'm not sure about is David Sharp's name. Because James Campbell is also an English name, and that's going to be hard to change, since he's Lillith's decendant.
I think we also have 2 Camilla's, or names that sound like that. Can we change one of them to avoid confusion for the players?
Scholar
#457 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 4:05 PM
i love that family rose! except can the lady maybe have a different nose? shes looking a little manly in my opinion..(:

tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#458 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 7:13 PM
Thanks, Tyu! Yes, her nose looks a little manly, lol! I wanted to give her a stuck-up disapproving look. But I'll try to tweek it a bit more so it will look more feminine, lol!
Btw, your house... have you re-uploaded it in the completed building section?

Also, I think I'm going to build an appartement for David Sharp at #22 of the port.
Scholar
#459 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 1:36 AM
Rose: Yea, i understand, And no i have not, sorry. i will soon.

To all sim builders, Sense this town was built long ago, (in a galaxy far far away?...no(: ) but it has a modern twist on it, do you think we could have a family or two of like...barbie and ken dolls? not nessicarily blond, but like perfectly beautiful? and they can be the ones that live in the McMansions in the new area of town?

Just a thought.

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#460 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:45 PM
Lol i liked her nose it seemed to set her different from the rest it would of been a good family feature that would stick out

You can call me Tasia
Forum Resident
#461 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 2:12 PM
Thanks Tasia! Yes, i just realised, if I change her nose, I also have to change Marcellina's, because she's almost an aged down clone of Bianca.
Tyu, if I can keep the nose, I'll try my best to make you a perfect Ken and Barbie, ok?
Scholar
#462 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 3:32 PM
Sounds good? And there family could have moved here frOm the states, and shes to good for everyone.(: haha. I have a great story in mind.

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#463 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 4:13 PM
Ok, you write down a story and I'll see if I can make the sims to match. Hopefully they'll come out looking good, so Bianca can keep her nose, lol!
Creating this family was so much fun and I wouldn't mind making more sims. A couple of days ago I saw Donnatela Versaci in a magazine and got the idea that it would be great to make a sim that looks like she had plastic surgery. And she wouldn't be good at anything, like no traits that could make her skilled in something. But to avoid making her too stereotypical, she's be really sweet and she's be living with her old mom.
The other one
#464 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 10:27 PM Last edited by missroxor : 20th Aug 2010 at 10:37 PM.
I was gonna try to build a house that would suit the Ricci Family but I noticed a little error. The Dad that is uploaded is not the same Dad that is in the family bio. I mean, he looks the same but in game his name is Nicolo
His traits are Brave, can't stand art, charismatic, ambitious, athletic
Likes indie, cheesesteak, irish green
LTW Leader of the free world.

Should I go with the personality that's in game or the one that's in the family bio? I was kinda hoping to play on the technophobe trait he has in the family bio. On the otherhand, I might go with a different family to give you the chance to figure it out

Edit: Also...
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
Revello Household by HystericalParoxysm
Martin Revello
Job: Unemploid
...should read 'unemployed'.

I love this family, wish they weren't already taken though they probably wouldn't be suited to the teensy lot I'm workin on anyway ....might have to download them to play in my own game anyway

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
#465 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 11:45 AM
Little Lia who build those sims has not been here for a while, so she might have gotten the names mixed up. But don't worry about it, his name can still be changed.
If you want to play on the technophobe trait, it would be wonderful. Anything that seems like those sims actually live there would be great!

Lol, :slap forehead: I'l change his status from unemloid to unemloyed right away, lol! Thanks for letting me know
Forum Resident
#466 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 5:01 PM
Ooooh, I just realised that the make-up opacity slider comes with the last patch, instead of the ambitions ep. That means we can use it, yay!
The other one
#467 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 5:30 PM
Little Lia who build those sims has not been here for a while, so she might have gotten the names mixed up. But don't worry about it, his name can still be changed.

Ah, sorry, don't think I worded that very well; it's not just the name, it's all of the traits, likes and the LTW. I didn't know if yous would want to change the sim to fit the story or the story to fit the sim so I already chucked the idea of using them for a house (that and the house that I'd just spent 1.5 hours building got lost because my game crashed when I was saving).

Forum Resident
#468 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 7:15 PM
Thanks for that information! We'll have to change that, so it matches their story.
Sorry to hear your computer crashed! You don't have to use them for your house, we can always build the a house in the valley.
The other one
#469 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 1:50 AM
Missroxor, don't worry, you're not forcing your ideas on anyone! If you want to make your own poor family, go right ahead. When different people build sims, they won't end up looking all the same, so it will be refreshing! You can post your progress and stories in the inhabitants thread.
In the information thread you'll see what cc we use for the sims.

About the money... we'll have to see if they're poor once we test it in game. The sims I've tested soo far are either average, or rich. If we depreciate the lot and give them little money, they might be poor, even if you go way over 20,000.

Thought I'd move this to this thread so I'm not messing up the building thread About the CC...I saw that but assumed it was voluntary....do all the sims have to use the skins and faces etc specified on that thread?

So how do you depreciate a lot? Is that a caw thing? Does that mean you can make a house a starter home even if you go over the 16500?

Forum Resident
#470 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 12:19 PM
Yes, I do think the cc is voluntary. We just made the list to make sure we all use the same ones. Before I made sims for our world I never used cc, but these do make it a lot easier to not make them look like ea pudding.
But as far as I know, you don't have to install it, if you don't want to.
Actually, I'm very curious how our finished sims look in a game that doesn't have the cc.

With Twallan's supercomputer you can depreciate lots. So far I haven't tried it, but I'll see how it works today.

I've been playing around with the sims in game... setting job levels and relationships.
For the sims that are neighbours I've set their relationship to acquitances and based on traits I've given them all 1 or 2 friends.
The job levels are more difficult. If you set them too high, sims will move out and find a more expensive home really soon. If it's too low they will move into one of the starters. I'm not really good with money, lol, so it's hard to judge.
Scholar
#471 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 8:41 PM
Well Rose i thought i would write you a story for a wealthy American family. (: one of many....maybe,

Things Started out simple for Angie and Rob, Angie was just out of college, and Rob was 3 years ahead of her, they were living paycheck to paycheck, Barely adding anything to savings, Angie worked as a nurse, and Rob worked a typical office job. The year was 1997, At the beginning of the tech bubble in the Dow Stock exchange, Rob had 10,000 dollars saved away, he decided to take a risk, and put all that money into the market, on a small , but promising chip maker, (for computers.) Not even a month later, the company announced that it would be teaming up with the largest computer making company's in the world. The stock instantly went from being a penny stock to trading at 120 dollars a stock, the stock had gone up 12,000% almost overnight! They now had millions. Robs company saw how good he was at numbers, and he was promoted to CFO. Angie was able to quit her job, and they decided to make a family, now everyone was really excited for this, not just for the parents, but for the beautiful children that would be produced, Because Angie and Rob were both very beautiful people, and so there kids are expected to be even more striking and successful. Over the years Angie became very accustom to the life of the wealthy. It was her idea to move into there Large home on the ocean in Cali, her idea for both her, Rob and here twins, Amber and Ryan to get brand new Cars and SUV's when they moved in. It was her idea for the diamonds, the gold, etc. (her little toddler has diamond earrings as well) But when she found out that her husband needed to re locate to a small town called Porto Corrado, she was not a happy camper. She was moving not only away from Cali and her friends, but to a small fishing village where the closest thing to a shopping mall is farmers market, Will she be able to fit in? Or will her diamonds, and flashy cars be to much for the other family's to handle? And how will her two teenage twins do? Will they be able to get along with the rest of the town? Or are they just to much for everyone to handle?

Well, thats all i got for now, (: what do you think? also, im thinkin i might want to try and make the sims, but how do you take pictures of them when your creating them still?

tyu.

Call me Tyu. (:
Forum Resident
#472 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 8:58 PM
Oh, that's funny, Conner! You'd better give them a couple of burglar alarms with all those diamonds, lol!
It would be great if you could make them too! To make pictures, all you have to do is press the "c" button. Very simple.
I'm so curious to see what you come up with.

In a while I'll give you an update on the sims I've made. I've got a new family ready, and one poor peasant woman, who still needs a husband and kids.
Forum Resident
#473 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 9:40 PM
I've got some sim updates.

Here's the Dolciamore family. They will be living at Nivaso's Villa Amores.

This is the story I came up with. It's a bit of a long intro...

Once upon a time there was a man called Vito Dolciamore. He came from a simple fisherman's family. When Vito went out with his dad one day, to catch their daily tuna, they noticed they left the bait at home. Vito's father decided it would be too far to go back and that they would just have to fish without bait. But Vito was very smart and when he thought of the grapes he brought for lunch, he decided to use them. In less than a minute Vito caught a Portugese Man-O-War (that's a jellyfish). His father was so surprised, because in his entire life of fishing, he only managed to catch one jellyfish of the non-stingable type. That day Vito caught 10 jellyfish and when they went home, they had a nice, but slimy meal.
The years went by and Vito fell in love with an increadable rich woman, called Lucia. Lucia's father said that Vito would never be good enough for her.
Then came the day that Vito was invited to Porto Corrado, by the mayor. Appearantly the news of Vito's increadable catches had travelled to the town. He was even known as the Jellyfish man.
The mayor of Porto Corrado had a major problem, it was the year of the Giant Jellyfish pague and Vito needed to rescue the town.
That was excactly what he did and the mayor rewarded him well for his services.
Vito was rich now and he decided to build a wonderful home called Villa Amores, for his love, Lucia. Lucia was so happy and with her father's blessing she took off for Porto Corrado. But something very tragic happened. Lucia was robbed and left for dead by bandids.
She never got to see the house Vito build for her.

Vito was very sad, but he stayed at his home, dreaming about Lucia every day. One day he recieved a letter from his brother, telling him that his nephew and niece were totally out of controle. Vito knew that he wasn't going to live for a very long time anymore, so he came up with a plan.

His spoiled nephew and niece would inherit Villa Amores, but only if they decided to live in the house.

This is Luca Dolciamore:

Luca Dolciamore

Commiment Issues
Flirty
Genius
Hates The Outdoors
Workaholic

LTW: Jack Of All Trades

Favs: Dim Sum, Latin, Violet

Luca and his twin sister Carmen inherted this beautiful home in Porto Corrado, after their uncle died. The only catch was that they would take care of the home and actually live there. Will Luca be able to give up the fast live of the city and find happiness in this small town?
Will his new job give him satisfaction and will one of the county girls be able to steal his heart, so he will settle down?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#474 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 9:45 PM
Carmen Dolciamore

Traits:
Daredevil
Dislikes Childern
Evil
Excitable
Party Animal

LTW: Emperor Of Evil

Favs: Sushi, Pop, Red

Carmen only cares about one person, and that is Carmen. She's lived a fast and intese life, going from one party to another. Not even the birth of Eloise made her stop living on the edge. Before her uncle died, he thought leaving his house to his niece and nephew, would give them an excellent chance to slow down. So far Carmen has only seen the motherload. Will she ever care about anyone else but herself?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#475 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 9:55 PM
Eloise Dolciamore

Traits:
Coward
Excitable
Loves The Outdoors

Favs: Peanutbutter & Jelly, Latin, Yellow

Moving to Porto Corrado was the best thing that ever happened to Eloise. She loves the fresh air and feels much safer than in the big city. But will her mother ever make time for her, to help with her homework and chase away the monsters under her bed. And will uncle Luca ever take her on a fishing trip?

Note: The last picture is what she will look like as a young adult.
Screenshots

Page 19 of 21