Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 7:39 PM
Default How to add custom interactions have it play a custom animation?
Hi, I''m a newbie modder, with no experience of C# or modding of any kind but I'm really eager to learn. I have knowledge of algorithms if that counts

Bascially, the mod I have in mind would add a new interaction for when you click on a sim and clicking it would bring you to another pie menu where you could choose from various animations to play. The sim (the one you clicked on, not the active sim) would then proceed to play that animation. No social modifiers, moodlets or anything fancy for the moment.

Sounds easy doesn't it? I'd like to get started on it but, I don't know where to begin...

I've looked around the "tutorial" section but haven't quite found what I'm looking for.
I believe http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=491875 might be the starting point but I'm not quite sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 12:11 PM
Hmmm... but why don't you use the Animation Player??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
Hmmm... but why don't you use the Animation Player?? :)

Actually, the whole point of me trying to create this mod is to avoid using the animator :P
This mod would play dancing animations in a more accessible way than having to use the animator for them.
The idea is that sims would have more dancing options and it would feel like it was part of the game rather than having to set it all up.

Btw, is this considered a "pure-scripting mod"?
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 8:18 AM
I am also a newbie, but have finished one script mod. Well, yours ahould be a Pure Scripting Mod. I remember MTS had a thread of a modder asking how to make two Sims animate at the same time - Buzzler gave him an idea.

http://www.modthesims.info/archive/...p?t-521967.html

However, you may need to load up Animation Player to get the exact name of the animation.

You should also read CmarNYC's tutorial on adding pie menu to sims, only that you change the code from displaying Sim names to playing animations. Once you get the Project file, and the structure for injecting an interaction using a Pure Scripting Mod, you are ready to code unde "Run()"

Hope this helps
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
I am also a newbie, but have finished one script mod. Well, yours ahould be a Pure Scripting Mod. I remember MTS had a thread of a modder asking how to make two Sims animate at the same time - Buzzler gave him an idea.

http://www.modthesims.info/archive/...p?t-521967.html

However, you may need to load up Animation Player to get the exact name of the animation.

You should also read CmarNYC's tutorial on adding pie menu to sims, only that you change the code from displaying Sim names to playing animations. Once you get the Project file, and the structure for injecting an interaction using a Pure Scripting Mod, you are ready to code unde "Run()"

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll definitely try them out :D