Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 11:51 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 16th Nov 2014 at 8:39 AM.
Default [Solved] Changing the properties of a Store bed
The bed in question is from the Collectionne Stäncké and I want to change it for my personal use because it behaves like the cheapest double bed with regard to energy, comfort, the "Well-Rested" and the "Bad Night's Sleep" moodlet.
I already converted the set to packages and opened the bed in question in S3PE. What I already figured out there is that the bed is cloned from the BedDoubleBrass, hence the bad motive ratings. My guess is that if I want to change this I would have to replace the resources that point to the cheap bed as its original with, let's say, those that point to the BedDoubleLuxury, for example. Or, in other words, to tell the bed that it is not a cheap brass bed but an expensive modern bed.
The question is what resources do I need to replace and where and how?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:39 PM
Yeah, you probably have looked at the OBJK resource, which determines what script class the bed is based on (thus deciding it behaves as a bed, and more specifically, a BedDoubleBrass that has poor motive ratings. Your guess is right, you can point it to BedDoubleLuxury. Right click on the OBJK of your extracted package, and then choose "Edit OBJK" (not sure if it comes with S3PE / a plugin), then change the Script Class to that of BedDoubleLuxury

Matthew
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:33 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 27th Aug 2014 at 3:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
Yeah, you probably have looked at the OBJK resource, which determines what script class the bed is based on (thus deciding it behaves as a bed, and more specifically, a BedDoubleBrass that has poor motive ratings. Your guess is right, you can point it to BedDoubleLuxury. Right click on the OBJK of your extracted package, and then choose "Edit OBJK" (not sure if it comes with S3PE / a plugin), then change the Script Class to that of BedDoubleLuxury

Matthew
Thank you for this. So, changing that one line should be enough? I will try this and report back.

Edit: Thank you again. Once I knew what to look for it was actually really easy with the additional help of nonamena's tutorial: http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/...s-of-an-object/
The remaining question is, however, how to get the names of all the script classes. I know I could open the package of an object that does have similar properties, but is there a way to get the names of all object script classes. They seem to hide in the core libraries in gameplay.package, but is there a way for dummies like me to have a peek inside?
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 4:22 AM
Well, you can't really get all script classes in one list, but when you find yourself interested in a particular object, you can go ahead and clone that object in S3OC, and then look at its OBJK script class. Good luck with modding
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
Well, you can't really get all script classes in one list, but when you find yourself interested in a particular object, you can go ahead and clone that object in S3OC, and then look at its OBJK script class. Good luck with modding
Damn, because hardly have I started I already discovered a store object with a script class that is not shared with any other object from either the base game or any EPs. It can be transferred to other objects so it must exist globally and so my curiosity was piqued whether there are any other object properties that are not used by the game but fully functioning nevertheless.

Oh well, at least this blasted bed now behaves in accordance with its outrageous price.
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 4:19 AM
Well, I'm interested... what's that particular store object? Is it a Premium Store Item??
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 12:31 PM
It's the Excessinator Stove from the Bayside Kitchen set. Its script class says "StoveModern", which is not used by any of the vanilla (base game or EP/SP) stoves. Its properties are unique.