Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:36 AM Last edited by ZippyZX3 : 1st Sep 2014 at 1:43 AM.
Trouble Importing XML into S3PE
Ok dokie, I'm learning C# and have made a small mod. I followed this website, http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ripting_Modding. I can import the s3sa file just fine. But when it comes to importing the XML file it only shows s3sa as the type. I did pick the _XML 0x0333406C for the XML type. If I pick show all files and try to import it that way, All the fields are zeroed out.

Using S3PE v 14-0222-1852.

I uninstalled S3PE and reinstalled and no luck.

Stumped here.

I'm able to import if I rename the XML file like this, S3_0333406C_00000000_1994514A4470BBE4_Radar1.ShareBed%%+_XML.xml

The 1994514A4470BBE4 is what S3PE generated when I set the xml type.

Tim
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 8:51 AM
No, you can select "All Files" at the right hand side bottom, instead of "S3_" files. You're able to import that particular file because it has the prefix.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
No, you can select "All Files" at the right hand side bottom, instead of "S3_" files. You're able to import that particular file because it has the prefix.

That is because I renamed as such. But if I didn't rename it it doesn't even show. It was called myfile.xml.

I followed 'Building The Package' in the Tutorial and it doesn't work that way for me. I also tried an older version of S3PE and the same results.

Tim
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 9:52 AM
What I usually do is just drag the file into s3pe, then when the Resource Details box pops up I pick the type from the dropdown, type in the group and the name, and click the FNV64 button to generate the instance, then click Okay.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 9:54 AM
Hmmm? But I think that when you do "Resource --> Import" there is a popup window to browse files??
@zippy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
Hmmm? But I think that when you do "Resource --> Import" there is a popup window to browse files??
@zippy

That is where the problem is. The XML doesn't even show unless I rename it with all the stuff needed.

Tim
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
What I usually do is just drag the file into s3pe, then when the Resource Details box pops up I pick the type from the dropdown, type in the group and the name, and click the FNV64 button to generate the instance, then click Okay.

Thank you so much. Worked great!!

Now onto learning C# and getting my learning mods to work. I'm starting with something simple like TestingCheatsEnabled = True.

Tim
Instructor
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 9:33 AM
Well, I strongly suggest you look at the game .dlls through ILSpy to see what methods and functions the game developers use. Think up some simple, yet useful mod ideas, for example, my Subway Charge Mod just started out like this. Sometimes, working with Event Listeners can be good if there is one matching what you want to do, since they're relatively easy to use. In my case, I poked around in the list from NRaas (in Designs Discussion and Tutorials, EA Scripting Constants EventTypeId), then I used kEnteredRabbithole and made a check to see whether the Target Rabbithole is a Subway. With combinations of scripts like "If - Else" statements, Dictionaries (which I find really useful as well), and the tutorials, you can do a lot. Though, don't start with overly ambitious idea like (new object that gives custom skill with new animations - that will be overwhelming and that has taught me a lesson - this was also a source of fraustration one year before.)

I find learning from small yet useful codes a big reward since it doesn't make you feel "oh yeah, it does work, but it's just a piece of crap". Good luck, and try to find what you do. I'm a new script modder that is still having loads to learn, comparing to others like Inge, Nona, icarus_allsorts, JunJayMDM and many others. Though, you're welcomed to ask here. If I can, I will try to help.