Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 4:47 AM
Default The Ultimate Console...A Dream I had...
If there comes a time when 3D video game home consoles become so outdated, that the technology allows to build multiplatform consoles like Hyperkin's various Retron Series Models without a likelihood of any conflict, legal or technical...What systems would you combine?

I'd add Nintendo64, PSX (PlayStation One), Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo GameCube, PlayStation 2, XBOX Original, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3, XBOX 360, Nintendo Wii U, PlayStation4 and XBOX ONE...

The list could go on forever, but my point is, I would love to be a electronics repairwoman. I would build amazing machines.

The aforementioned is no exception.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 10:15 AM
I thought the ultimate console was going to be the holodeck. At least, that's where I hope we're heading.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 9:01 PM
Oh, I don't know. It would seem like a cheaper alternative, but if platforms were eliminated because of this being the model NEW games start to go by after this, competition will decrease and the actual gaming systems will decrease in quality and the companies will get so powerful they won't give a flying pickle about customer service.

Big companies don't think like the population as a whole, sadly. This is why many people dislike companies like EA, despite liking their games.

Video game competition is VERY important.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 8:22 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 12th Feb 2015 at 10:10 PM.
I understand the basics of capitalism and electronic mechanics. But to say it's (the machine) a threat is just right out.

Companies need to treat their old customers like their new ones and that is with a warm familiarity and with respect.

I stopped playing The Sims Series after The Sims 4 came out. I actually like having physical copies and not getting my game phased out after 2 generations.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

#5 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 12:18 AM
I agree with PANDAQUEEN about how businesses should treat their customers.

As for the ultimate console, it's the holodeck, for sure.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
I agree with PANDAQUEEN about how businesses should treat their customers.

As for the ultimate console, it's the holodeck, for sure.

Challenge accepted! I will work on that!