Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:28 AM
Default EA giving away free games
Looks like EA is trying to get back into people's good books. They're giving away free versions of some old games. Currently Dragon Age: Origins.

https://www.origin.com/en-nz/store/...es/on-the-house

Although I'd be more impressed if they fixed some of the crap in newer games and/or listened to the community more; it's still a nice deal for anyone who doesn't have the game(s).
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 8:19 AM
You live in Aotearoa?

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 10:53 AM
Yup, I'm in Auckland. I just noticed that the link defaulted to the NZ site, but it should default to people's home country site when they click on the download (as I started out on the US site and it switched me).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 12:55 PM
They're doing this particular one to promote Dragon Age Inquisition which is due out in about a month (and I can't wait for that).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 1:38 PM
I am in Te Awamutu

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 1:54 PM
I never played Dragon Age as I was leery of Bioware going over to the dark side (EA). Guess I should give it a go.

Yay, someone in my timezone. XD
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I never played Dragon Age as I was leery of Bioware going over to the dark side (EA). Guess I should give it a go.

Says someone who play The Sims! DA is excellent. The original game was great and it looks like Inquisition is going to be a complete blast (I hope anyway).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Theorist
#8 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 5:45 PM
Dragon Age: Origins was one of my favorite games. Definitely worth getting, especially for free.
City elf origin story was probably my favorite of all the origins.

Resident wet blanket.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 6:36 PM
A lot of people did like that origin. I liked mage. I just did.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Says someone who play The Sims!

Yeah, but it was just after Sims 3 came out and was a huge disappointment. Also, after EA won their first award for the worst company in America. I was feeling glad that Sims 2 got in before the decline lol. I'm not even buying Sims 4.

I used to play Neverwinter Nights from Bioware and that was really good. But, everyone was saying that they would tank after EA got them.
Instructor
#11 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 9:50 PM
I've pre-ordered DAI when they announced the game was being delayed but I've never played any Dragon Age game. I just think the game looks good and...dragons. That's all I need to know. I'm not sure if I'm going to like the multiplayer... especially being a newbie, but I'll give it a try.
I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins(mage) and so far I'm liking, except that I have to use mouse + keyboard, and I'm not used to that, but DAI is going to have controller support.

After you quit the game an "Origin popup" appears to offer DAI. I know vgchartz is not exactly reliable but last time I checked it seems that PC is the platform w/ the smallest number of pre-orders.

Let's just agree to disagree.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I used to play Neverwinter Nights from Bioware and that was really good. But, everyone was saying that they would tank after EA got them.

I loved NWN too. DA and Mass Effect are good though. Well in the NWN league (if not better tbh). Still not quite Baldur's Gate or Planescape but you can't always have Boo.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:20 PM
I must admit I quite like their games giveaway, especially TS2 Ultimate Collection, Death Space, Bejeweled 3 and Dragon Age Origins as I did not have them.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 9:19 PM
I think all old games should be free as digital copies, or at the very least still sold and supported.

Hell, why do people stop updating old games? I mean, if there was a fully modifiable game that also had a crew of employees who continued to update old games and include new content, you would probably find more emotionally invested and nostalgic employees. They'd want to make things new, but also fit with the rest of the series.

I would not trust EA doing this though. They would probably change more than they would add, if they were told to add new content to the old games.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 10:06 PM
I downloaded theme hospital -even though I do still have the disk. It's been fun bit of nostalgia.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~