Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 1:32 AM
Default Anyone else getting a crazy number of free sim points from the offical sims3 site?
I don't know if it's just me, but if you're after more simpoints now might be the time to check out the sims3 site. I normally only get one or two chances per day to watch ads and get sim points, but yesterday it just kept going and going and I ended up with 750 new sim points and today I'm already at 60 and still going. I don't know whether it's a glitch or whether it just that there's more sim points to go around now that there's less people playing because of sims4 or if it's just something weird happening to me, but I thought I should let you guys know so you can check it out and hopefully grab lots of free simpoints for yourselves too
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 2:13 AM
You wanna be careful about that. I can't say that EA would react as I'd expect them to, but I'd be worried enough about getting in trouble for essentially fraudulently getting Simpoints through exploiting a glitch in the site to not bother.

(Presumably all EA could do is ban someone from their site, anyone know? I can't imagine it getting someone in actual legal trouble, but it's still not worth it imo.)
Scholar
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 2:18 AM
I just checked my account, I didn't get free simpoints. You lucky son of a bitch, if I were you I would spend them as quick as possible.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
I just checked my account, I didn't get free simpoints. You lucky son of a bitch, if I were you I would spend them as quick as possible.

They don't just turn up in your account, you have to watch ads to get them. If you go to the "Store" page, on the left hand side just above "make me an offer" you should get a button that says "get bonus sim points compliments of our sponsor". Sometimes you have to refresh a few times to get it, and you have to wait for the page to completely load because it's the last thing to load up. You need to have pop-up ads allowed too, it won't work with any ad-blockers. Then you watch a minute long ad (or go look at something else for a minute and come back and get 5 free simpoints.

In the past it's only popped up zero to four times a day for me, but it says that how many you get depends on how many they have in their inventory. *shrug* It could be a glitch that it keeps popping up now, or it could be that there's less people after free points with sims4 out now so there's less competition for points or maybe there's some other reason. In the past when EA have erroneously given out free simpoints they've let people keep them, but I'm going to use mine asap just in case.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:12 AM
I had a similar thing happen a few months ago. I essentially got one opportunity after another, and over the course of 3-4 days I ended up with a little over 1,100 SPs.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simb0t
I had a similar thing happen a few months ago. I essentially got one opportunity after another, and over the course of 3-4 days I ended up with a little over 1,100 SPs.
Yeah, I think it's random. I hit a motherlode one or two months ago, too, mostly with ads for strong liquors, the army and a horror movie (very child-friendly), but currently I get 4 a day maximum, if at all.

And to answer BL00DIEDHELL's question: fraudulently acquiring in-game currency leads to a complete ban from the site and your games, all EA games, AFAIK. But rumour has it that a former delinquent of that sort was still able to reinvent herself and is now one of the most prestigious YibSims. The lesson learned from this: if you cheat and get caught be prepared to start a blog after that and if you suck up enough to those that banned you you might end up being famous and their most beloved friend.
Alchemist
#7 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 8:30 AM
I have done that too, but now I already own everything so nah.

I don't think he/she will get banned, I think those ads had some kind of limit per day and when it was a lot of users online every day those ads quickly disappeared being used. But now that the site is quite dead I guess it's lots and lots of ads left to be used.
Inventor
#8 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 8:36 AM
I've been abusing that glitch so hard, bought my simmies a violin.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Alchemist
#9 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 9:53 AM
Nothing for me, not even one ad. It's very, very rare occasion to get one in the first place, like once in two or three months. The store sucks for those who don't live in US, I guess, or maybe just for me.
Instructor
#10 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 9:59 AM
I see the ad, but can't the video to load....
Mad Poster
#11 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
And to answer BL00DIEDHELL's question: fraudulently acquiring in-game currency leads to a complete ban from the site and your games, all EA games, AFAIK.

Ouch. Makes sense to me, but still. Hot damn.

Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
But rumour has it that a former delinquent of that sort was still able to reinvent herself and is now one of the most prestigious YibSims. The lesson learned from this: if you cheat and get caught be prepared to start a blog after that and if you suck up enough to those that banned you you might end up being famous and their most beloved friend.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA oh God I hope that's true, that's fucking hilarious.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 4:55 AM
I've never seen the free simpoints ad. Could be an AdBlock thingy.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:23 AM
Yes, you will need to have Adblock disabled for thesims3.com to have the ad appear.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:34 AM
I got several hundred points a couple of months ago when it glitched. What was really funny was that all the ads were obviously not meant for someone in the US. Most of them were in Swedish.....
Inventor
#15 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950
I got several hundred points a couple of months ago when it glitched. What was really funny was that all the ads were obviously not meant for someone in the US. Most of them were in Swedish.....

I'm fairly certain the ads change depending on where you are in the world since mine was Swedish too, it's funny because I told the website that I'm American.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:02 PM
I'm swedish and at least the last two months whenever I checked I could watch videos for several hundred simpoints. The ad appears on every store page for me and if I can stand to watch all videos until it disappears it pops up again on the next page.
But there really isn't much I want in the store that I don't already have. And you go slightly crazy watching because it is around ten different videos that appear again and again.
Alchemist
#17 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lerf1950

IKEA?
Some football girls getting a new bedroom?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#18 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:44 PM
I usually get them in my own language despite me setting the site to US English, but when it runs out of ads for my country I get some in what I guess is Danish or Swedish, too. And it happens mostly at around 2 am CET. I guess that's a good time for the US but a weird time for Central Europe.