Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 9:10 PM
Default How do you bypass the EA log-in on launcher to get downloads?
I purchased a couple of the games (expansions) early and got premium content. It shows up in the store, but I can't download it to my game because every time I try, up comes the menu to log in and the log is is totally messed up on my game (I've worked with the fine folks at EA who have no idea how to fix it). A couple of people said you don't need to go through the launcher to get your stuff. How do you do that?

I want my pea shooter!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 9:17 PM
Is your general log-in at the site messed up or only the one in the Launcher? Because if it's only the Launcher you can open it, then open your browser, log in there, go to your purchase history in the Store and click Download. Works for me at least. (On the other hand I don't have Origin installed so there's that)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Is your general log-in at the site messed up or only the one in the Launcher? Because if it's only the Launcher you can open it, then open your browser, log in there, go to your purchase history in the Store and click Download. Works for me at least. (On the other hand I don't have Origin installed so there's that)
So...what, what? I've gone to the store site, logged on, and gone onto get my stuff and when I do, up pops the log-in dialog and I can't log on. I don't think it's an Origin thing because Origin doesn't come up for this and I can log into Origin without an issue. It's the game log on, the one that is associated with the launcher. It comes up every time I try to get the stuff...I mean it shows as mine, but I can't get it.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 10:51 PM
Hm, all I know is that when I download from the Store I open the Launcher, get the message that it can't connect to Origin, click OK, then open my browser, log into the Store site there, go to my puchase history and start downloading. No log-in into the Launcher :shrug:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:27 PM
Hmmm....I have Origin installed, so that is not really an option... Oh well. I wonder if there's a way to disable it?

If anyone can think of another way, please let me know.

Scholar
#6 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:34 PM
So what kind of error do you get when you try and log in through the launcher?

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 5:26 AM
It rejects my password/username. I've reset it, I've reinstalled Origin and reset it, I can log into Origin or to the Store, but I cannot log into the log in associated with the launcher. I've talked to three people at EA about it already without help.

Scholar
#8 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:52 AM
Can you log in from the TS3 title screen?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:41 PM
No I can't. Isn't that the launch screen?

Scholar
#10 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:29 AM
It's the screen that you load your saves from - there's a space at the bottom of the screen that shows your username if you're logged in, or a button to login if you're not.

I had a similar problem to this last year - I could log in at the site fine, but I could never get in through the launcher or the in-game login. I got around it somehow, just trying to remember what I did.

Does shutting off your firewall and antivirus (ctrl+shift+esc) have any effect?
Does it make any difference if you try to download stuff straight from its download page?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:03 AM
I'll give your suggestions a try over the weekend, (fiddling with this always seems to require a clear head and a fair block of time), but I'm a little nervous about shutting off the firewall, especially with POODLE out there.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:06 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 24th Oct 2014 at 8:49 PM.
This is probably a dumb suggestion (but when does that ever stop me?) - the other day I could log into the launcher, but when I tried to go to the store or My Page or my account and it asked me to log in again as it always does, the log in form would be blank/empty. So I rebooted the computer (always what I try first when something's not working) and then the log in form displayed correctly and I was able to log into the Store, etc