Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:31 PM
Default Most CC Hair Looks Balding???
Hi everyone! So I just installed the base game last night. Got the starter pack so I'm going to install Late Night tonight; don't know if that will help with this or not. I'm also on a Mac Laptop. Installed the latest patch 1.67 I think.

Most of the CC hair that I downloaded and tried to use makes my sim look like he's going bald. It's the same "hairstyle" again and again. I've tried quiting and restarting the game a few times and nothing.

What can I do to fix this??

The CC hair I got is really nice and as of right now I can only play with one CC style.

PS. One CC hair set is not coming up at all even though I successfully installed it?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CitySimX
Hi everyone! So I just installed the base game last night. Got the starter pack so I'm going to install Late Night tonight; don't know if that will help with this or not. I'm also on a Mac Laptop. Installed the latest patch 1.67 I think.

Most of the CC hair that I downloaded and tried to use makes my sim look like he's going bald. It's the same "hairstyle" again and again. I've tried quiting and restarting the game a few times and nothing.

What can I do to fix this??

The CC hair I got is really nice and as of right now I can only play with one CC style.

PS. One CC hair set is not coming up at all even though I successfully installed it?

It's possible you could have some bad cc. It's also possible that you need to set your graphics options to high detail for your Sims (if your graphics card can handle it).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmerDeb
It's possible you could have some bad cc. It's also possible that you need to set your graphics options to high detail for your Sims (if your graphics card can handle it).

Thanks! I'll try setting the graphics detail to high.

I don't think I have bad CC bc I've only downloaded popular stuff here and at TSR. But I'll try downloading some more stuff and see.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 10:40 PM
It's a problem with Macs. Some cc meshes refuse to show properly under MacOS. And as far as I know no solution has been found in all those years.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
It's a problem with Macs. Some cc meshes refuse to show properly under MacOS. And as far as I know no solution has been found in all those years.

Well, Bootcamp and a copy of Win 7 can work wonders for game performance on Macs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon

Thanks. That's disappointing to hear. However my CC seems to be working great now once I upped the graphics option. So hopefully it stays.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, Bootcamp and a copy of Win 7 can work wonders for game performance on Macs.

Lol.

As of right now my CC seems to be working fine so hopefully it continues.