Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 8:31 PM
Anyone ever found it odd...
Anyone every found it odd that the stuff pack Happy Holiday Stuff is rarely mentioned? Such as on The Sims 2 Website it is not mentioned on the list of EP and SPs. It also has no logo on the Sims 2 Launcher, anyone else ever found this to be odd? I think its odd.

The Eclipse Forum Network

Check out the new Friday's Video game Forum!
http://fridaysforum.myfastforum.org
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 8:53 PM
Are they still selling them?

Yeah, the Holiday SPs are never mentioned.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:34 AM
I think it's because it's a seasonal one. It's only ever on the shelves during the Holidays. At least I think so..

Tired of your workers' faces changing after you set a uniform? See this thread for more details and a potential fix.
-----
Check out my journal.
I now have a Simblr(in the making) please follow!
Simblr
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:06 AM
It doesn't even have icons on the bodyshop thumbnails like the other ones do. It was also the hardest one for me to find. I eventually got it on e-bay (way overpriced) just for the sake of adding it to my collection. It's actually hard to even find information on why it's so hard to find, and why it's one of the more obscure stuff packs.

live long and preposterous.
Scholar
#5 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by noncivilisedeye
It's actually hard to even find information on why it's so hard to find, and why it's one of the more obscure stuff packs.

Well, it says in the name (not really, 'cause it's only for December): Christmas special.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noncivilisedeye
It doesn't even have icons on the bodyshop thumbnails like the other ones do. It was also the hardest one for me to find. I eventually got it on e-bay (way overpriced) just for the sake of adding it to my collection. It's actually hard to even find information on why it's so hard to find, and why it's one of the more obscure stuff packs.

It was real easy for me to find it. I got it at Game Stop ON SALE for 10 dollars. It was like a year and a half ago that i got it too. I do wonder though, they made the game why is it never mentioned?

Scholar
#7 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 3:50 AM
My husband got it for me from Ebay. I noticed I do not have to type in a Registration code/serial number to get it to install. This is the only SP I own that does not require authentication to install. I sometimes wonder if I got a black market version. But the packaging looks legit.

I honestly only asked for it so I could download a Pikachu radio from MTS that someone made. I'm that crazy for Pikachu! Unfortunately when I play the radio, a sim in the same room wil get its face frozen in a grimace. But I still play it anyway, sometimes. Or just like to have it around for looks.
Scholar
#8 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
My husband got it for me from Ebay. I noticed I do not have to type in a Registration code/serial number to get it to install. This is the only SP I own that does not require authentication to install. I sometimes wonder if I got a black market version. But the packaging looks legit.

I honestly only asked for it so I could download a Pikachu radio from MTS that someone made. I'm that crazy for Pikachu! Unfortunately when I play the radio, a sim in the same room wil get its face frozen in a grimace. But I still play it anyway, sometimes. Or just like to have it around for looks.

This particular disc is the first and only one for TS2 that does not use a verification code to proceed with installation. It is not a fake, at least not for the reason you've stated.
Scholar
#9 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 1:11 AM
Thanks! Glad to know it's likely legit.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 2:48 AM
Yeah, i dont think it is black market considering that mine doesnt have a code for it either. I guess they forgot to add one at the same time they forgot to mention it anywhere.

Forum Resident
#11 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 5:12 AM
I think the rest of the stuff packs should have followed in the holiday "party" pack's example. New animations and features, plus no registration-- just drop it into your game and go. It made me so optimistic for the concept of stuff packs! Alas.
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tempscire
I think the rest of the stuff packs should have followed in the holiday "party" pack's example. New animations and features, plus no registration-- just drop it into your game and go. It made me so optimistic for the concept of stuff packs! Alas.

IMO, a lot of the SPs just should of been combined (ex. Glamour with Kitchen & Bath, H&M with IKEA). Each of them only has between sixty to ninety items. Not worth it, for the price of a full complete EP.

But yeah, there's way too many installation codes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Sep 2009 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1ove

But yeah, there's way too many installation codes.

Yeah, your telling me, I recently had to uninstall all my games and then reinstall and i had lets see.... 9 codes to enter. thats outrageous.