Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 10:16 AM
Default CC and Rolling the Pacifier in TS3
Has anyone noticed how we don't get to make CC eyes/skintones dominant or recessive traits in TS2 so that we don't end up with sims having all CC features because one sim has a default skintone/eyecolor? And how without rolling the pacifier, you end up having children looking the same?

Well I hope they have an option in TS3 to decide which traits are dominant or recessive. And I'd like to see them have a system in the game that makes for different-looking offspring.

What do you think? Should players be able to decide what should be dominant or recessive or let the game pick?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 12:06 PM
I'm not sure what you meant by the dominant/recessive. I thought we can geneticized all CC so they're not overly dominant And I never have to roll the pacifier as I rarely have 2 babies born in a single playing session
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 12:49 PM
We have -no- idea what the custom content situation is going to be like for TS3 in regards to skins, eyes, etc. - both in what we can make, and the genetic properties thereof. We also have -no- idea what the situation will be like in regards to generating new sims. Honestly, I think it's a little silly to assume it will be the same for TS3 as it is for TS2 - considering we have absolutely no evidence regarding any of it either way, and the fact that it's a completely different game engine entirely.

treeag - If you're having babies in different play sessions in TS2 then you -do- need to roll the pacifier.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Theorist
#4 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:06 PM
Are you sure? I never have any identical babies I thought you only need to roll the pacifier if you have more than 1 baby in a session...
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:15 PM
Very very sure. The game starts at a particular point in the genetic sequence each time you start the game. We'll call it 1. This doesn't change from start to start. Every time you run the game, you start at 1. The first child you have during that play session will always be a 1. The second child you have during that play session will be a 2. Third will be a 3, etc... Rolling the pacifier (no matter which method you choose) advances this number by a random amount, so the first child you have one time might be a 15, and the first child the next time might be a 27.

If you only ever have 1 baby per play session, then you'll have a 1 the first play session, a 1 the second play session, a 1 the third play session, etc... You may not notice it because you might be getting male/female mixes and the features may express themselves differently on male/female, but if you check the personality, facial features, and genetics of siblings born like this in the same family, you'll see they're basically the same sim.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:18 PM
I really hope not although rolling the binki doesn't really phase me in Sims 2. I mean I'm fine rolling it although sometimes I like the family I create so I keep them instead of deleting them :D

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Theorist
#7 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Very very sure. The game starts at a particular point in the genetic sequence each time you start the game. We'll call it 1. This doesn't change from start to start. Every time you run the game, you start at 1. The first child you have during that play session will always be a 1. The second child you have during that play session will be a 2. Third will be a 3, etc... Rolling the pacifier (no matter which method you choose) advances this number by a random amount, so the first child you have one time might be a 15, and the first child the next time might be a 27.

If you only ever have 1 baby per play session, then you'll have a 1 the first play session, a 1 the second play session, a 1 the third play session, etc... You may not notice it because you might be getting male/female mixes and the features may express themselves differently on male/female, but if you check the personality, facial features, and genetics of siblings born like this in the same family, you'll see they're basically the same sim.

Is this only for the same parents? I mean my sims rarely have more than a kid :confused: And I don't really let them breed, unless in the legacy family I played ages ago, and I remember in that family no babies look the same or have the same personalities as I always check each heir's personality to determine their job
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 6:00 PM
Yes, it's only for the same parents. If you never have a sim couple have more than one child, you'll never notice this. The genetic seed number is still the same each load, but different parents will produce different children.

Theorist
#9 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 3:13 AM
Ok thanks for the info HP :D