Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 8:49 AM
help sim caught on fire while taking out trash
hi, not sure if this has ever happened to anyone before...I searched site and couldn't find a posting regarding this. Last night, my sim was taking out the trash to the compost bin--no rain--no lightning---when all of a sudden---fire! fire! fire!---he caught on fire and died
just was wondering if it had something to do with compost bin or just a fluke??
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 8:54 AM
Perhaps he was too hot? If sims overheat, they can burst into flames.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#3 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Perhaps he was too hot? If sims overheat, they can burst into flames.

Really? That's awesome! Lol Ive had a few sims pass out from heat but I've yet to see a spontaneous combustion. Ive read that sims can't die from freezing (excluding getting sick) & assumed heat stroke just made them faint.
#4 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 9:39 AM
Holy mother, I didn't know they could go down with spontaneous combustion either.

The natural reaction to this information is to go into the game and leave a sim you don't like very much out in the heat all day, right? That's normal and wholly non-deviant, yes?

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 11:08 AM
They can spontaneously combust for real? I thought that was a Seasons bug that got fixed in the patch.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ms muggles
hi, not sure if this has ever happened to anyone before...I searched site and couldn't find a posting regarding this. Last night, my sim was taking out the trash to the compost bin--no rain--no lightning---when all of a sudden---fire! fire! fire!---he caught on fire and died
just was wondering if it had something to do with compost bin or just a fluke??

Is your game patched? That can occur if you have Seasons and have not patched, otherwise an overheated sim will simply collapse and another sim can toss a glass of water on their face to revive them. An unpatched Season game is a VBT as you will also have a corrupted Ottomas family. Not that patching will help any hood that they are already in, even if left in the bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#7 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Is your game patched? That can occur if you have Seasons and have not patched, otherwise an overheated sim will simply collapse and another sim can toss a glass of water on their face to revive them. An unpatched Season game is a VBT as you will also have a corrupted Ottomas family. Not that patching will help any hood that they are already in, even if left in the bin.

I've patched my game and I've still seen the spontanious combustion, quite frequently when Sims spend too much time in the hot tub actually. Unless I've installed the wrong patches.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 2:48 PM
You need to install all the patches for all the expansions you have. If you're still catching fire in the hot tub, you don't have all your patches.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You need to install all the patches for all the expansions you have. If you're still catching fire in the hot tub, you don't have all your patches.

Well, that's what I thought I did, but I must have missed one somewhere along the lines.

*facepalm*
Forum Resident
#10 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 2:54 PM Last edited by LaurellKH : 11th Jun 2013 at 3:08 PM.
To help is this mod and object if you want:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7708.0.html
and
http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...s2_Voyaging.htm airconditioner at top (sims use it on their own when they get hot) I like the airconditioner it is immersion and they will even get off that stupid bike to use it. They share it too. And it is nice to put airconditioner in community gyms and college and apartments that get hot. I make gyms and use this to let everyone get buff: (comm-skilling.package by Pescado).

if patching does not help for you
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...elp:TS2_Patches
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77

hi, yes all patches installed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaurellKH
To help is this mod and object if you want:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,7708.0.html
and
http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...s2_Voyaging.htm airconditioner at top (sims use it on their own when they get hot) I like the airconditioner it is immersion and they will even get off that stupid bike to use it. They share it too. And it is nice to put airconditioner in community gyms and college and apartments that get hot. I make gyms and use this to let everyone get buff: (comm-skilling.package by Pescado).

if patching does not help for you
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...elp:TS2_Patches

thank you--will go and take a look links right now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 11:35 PM
just thinking--do the ceiling fans from M&G function as far as cooling sims down or are they just decorative?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 5:00 AM
There used to be a myth in The Sims 1 that your Sim could spontaneously burst into flames... which only happened once or twice in someone's game, probably.
How do you overheat? My Sims never got too cold or too hot.
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 5:08 AM
Do you have seasons? They freeze by being outside in winter for too long & over heat by either being outside in summer too much or over exercising
Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 7:52 AM
I get the impression that you, like me, would like to protect your Sims from this sort of thing.

Squinge has a No More Fires mod, that might help you. When I got so paranoid about fires that I stopped trusting the smoke alarms, I installed it. I haven't seen a hint of a fire since.

I'm not sure how it works with the later EPs, but I expect Squinge will have kept it up to date.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 4:19 PM
I hate a fire that's why I also use the No More Fires mod too.
Site Helper
#18 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 4:29 PM
Does that mod stop spontaneous combustion?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda

I have no clue cause I never in my life seen a Sim have a spontaneous combustion but it's known to stop a kitchen fire.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 5:40 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Jun 2013 at 5:46 PM. Reason: Added Edit
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Squinge says it works by stopping the fire as soon as it starts. I don't know if that includes spontaneous combustion, but I would think/hope so.

[EDIT] In Reply #17 in the link I gave earlier, Squinge says he would update it for Seasons if needed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I get the impression that you, like me, would like to protect your Sims from this sort of thing.

Squinge has a No More Fires mod, that might help you. When I got so paranoid about fires that I stopped trusting the smoke alarms, I installed it. I haven't seen a hint of a fire since.

I'm not sure how it works with the later EPs, but I expect Squinge will have kept it up to date.

thank you--and yes I hate seeing them suffer --- I prefer to let them die of old age and go up to that great luau in the sky. will take a look at Squinges' mods--I already use several of them and don't know how i ever played without them.