Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 10:34 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 14th Apr 2015 at 9:50 PM.
Default Custom (Inhabited) Neighborhoods Conversions -Updated
Alright, we finally have something to show you guys: All present hoods, converted to Downtowns and Shopping Districts, including the empty versions of Meadow Creek.

Please take note of the following:
-You need Mootilda's mods to fix the subhood selections, available here.
*needs pets or a later SP/EP in order to use Mootilda's mod.*
If you don't have Pets or higher, you can temporarily remove Bluewater Village or Downtown (B001 and D001) from the NeighborhoodTemplate folder and move 1 subhood there. It's still referred as Bluewater Village or Downtown in the game but it will add the custom template instead. Repeat this step with the other subhood and restore B001 or D001 once you're done.
-Mountainside Valley already has the storytelling fix applied.
-Remember to put the shopping districts in:
*Your install location*\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate

-And the downtowns in:
*Your install location*\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate folder

Note: By the default, only the first downtown added to a neighborhood will have the sims. All of the other downtowns will be empty. So if you add Downtown first, you won't have the Meadow Creek sims or the Mountainside Valley sims. They will be simply deleted and as you know, EA doesn't delete the sims properly. The junk references may be seen in SimPE.

But there's a way to bypass this issue/feature. Try this method, found out by Jawusa:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=553111

And that's all. We look forward to hearing your feedback!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Meadow Creek Downtown No Sims.rar (5.66 MB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Meadow Creek Downtown.rar (19.74 MB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Meadow Creek Suburb No Sims.rar (5.66 MB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Meadow Creek Suburb.rar (19.74 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Mountainside Valley Downtown.rar (14.15 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Mountainside Valley Suburb.rar (14.15 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 6:57 PM
Thread finally updated with something to show for it. For those with only nightlife, please read all the instructions carefully.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 9:18 PM
I've just downloaded these to play around with a bit. Anything in particular you want to take a look at?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felicia1066
I've just downloaded these to play around with a bit. Anything in particular you want to take a look at?

Thanks for downloading. We really just want to make sure those conversions are working correctly. Have you noticed anything odd or strange? If not, then that means it's all good.
Instructor
#5 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Felicia1066

Thank you for helping. At this point we just need people to play them for a while to see if anything weird happens, since we've already tested them for the more technical stuff (namely if they are clean in SimPE).
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#6 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 9:32 PM
I think the subhood versions are OK but the downtown templates need more testing. Especially the workaround to have multiple inhabited downtowns. If you don't know it, the game normally only adds the sims of the first downtown template. All of the other downtown templates added to the neighborhood will simply have no sims at all.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I think the subhood versions are OK but the downtown templates need more testing. Especially the workaround to have multiple inhabited downtowns. If you don't know it, the game normally only adds the sims of the first downtown template. All of the other downtown templates added to the neighborhood will simply have no sims at all.

WTF, EA? What did you do to screw it up?!
Trainee Moderator
#8 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 10:06 PM
It's also a problem to populate downtown subhoods; but it shouldn't be a problem if you created the neighborhood as a primary and converted it after the neighborhood was 100% completed.

EA may recognized that and added the sims outside the game; this would explain the "family ties not properly linked to each other" issue.
It's not their fault, I think. Everyone does make mistakes and I don't think there's a bug-free game ever to be released! But the suburbs work just fine thankfully.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Instructor
#9 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:10 PM
But for those who only want one downtown per hood it should be fine to use the workaround, which is why we're still including it as of now, but we really need to know if there are no further issues. I would personally like to see if there are truly no issues if you add first a populated downtown and then an empty one (like the Meadow Creek one), as it is something I didn't test. We will warn people of this in the main download, but as always, be careful and do not test with hoods you are attached to. For those who want to use something safer, test the suburbs only, you can have as many populated ones as you want.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 11:47 PM
So, I have created an empty neighborhood with Meadow Creek as a business district and Mountainside Valley as a downtown. I haven't been into all households, and I haven't played any household more than a day, but a few observations so far:

- All pregnancies have the correct fathers.
- When the first night invitation to go downtown came, it said "I've found some new places to hang out at Mountainside Valley. Wanna go?" but the choices still said "Go downtown" and "Stay home." The game offered me a choice between the three community lots in Mountainside Valley, and going there worked just fine, no "You stood me up!" or anything like that.
- At this outing, Sebastian Wilson stepped out of the taxi and immediately had an nervous breakdown with invisible shrink and all, even though when I went into his household right afterwards he was barely in the red.
- When I go into downtown Mountainside Valley, it's nighttime in neighborhood view, and there's no button to toggle night/day.
- I saw Mountainside Valley sims wandering around in Meadow Creek. Are downtownies supposed to do that? Maybe that doesn't apply to playable sims, come to think of it.

Maybe tomorrow I'll test the two downtowns version, see if I can make it work.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 5:03 AM
It's normal for the dialog to use the name of the custom downtown and the buttons to use the term downtown. I don't do code, but I assume that the dialog has a name field populated with a reference that pulls in the name given the subhood when it's created, but the button is hard text that is always the same, so they used the generic term. Given a choice of downtowns, it probably pulls the first name field it finds and stops there.

Playables who live downtown are not confined to downtown. Only downtownies have this restriction, and they lose it if made playable.

Downtown templates default to nighttime view when first converted, but the toggle button should be there! That wants looking into.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 9:25 AM Last edited by Felicia1066 : 11th Apr 2015 at 11:50 AM.
I went into the MV downtown again today, and there the toggle button was. I guess I just needed a good night's sleep before I could find it... (Things that happen when you only use a certain function once a year or so, I guess.)

I have successfully created a 'hood with Meadow Creek and Mountainside Valley as downtowns, both populated. Don't know if I'll have time to play it any time soon, but the characters are all there.
Instructor
#13 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 11:45 PM
Felicia1066: Thanks or the feedback so far. Penny has already responded to most of your observations, but about Sebastian Wilson, him not being too deep in the red when you visited him afterwards is normal. When a Sim gets a shrink visit, its aspiration bar will go up a little, enough to get them out of "danger" of another sim visit, but not enough to get out of the red. The game does this even when you're not controlling that sim. If you had visited Sebastian before he had that breakdown, you would have found him deep in the red.

And yes, downtownies are supposed to be restricted to downtown (unless you have a mod), but playbles in downtown are not. Glad to see everything is working so far!
Trainee Moderator
#14 Old 14th Apr 2015 at 9:52 PM
I finally could write an official tutorial of adding multiple downtown subhoods with screenshots. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=553111

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#15 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 7:08 PM
I'm sorry to double post but in my game, Sirius Stahrr gave birth to a human baby. I firstly thought, oh how awesome. An alien with a perfect disguise. But after I checked the family tree, the "Pollinator" was not Pollination Technician...it was the Therapist.

My Simblr
Instructor
#16 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 9:51 PM
How odd, I'll have to check that today then. I don't have any multi PT hacks either, nor any default replacement for them.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 4:13 AM
Better check the pregnancy controller in the original and each of the subhood versions.

You're fully patched, right, Jawusa? The Seasons patch fixes the problem of the pregnancy controller not accommodating the changes in ID that occur when a pregnant sim in a subhood is attached to a main hood; so if you're patched it shouldn't arise.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
#18 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 8:44 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 18th Apr 2015 at 10:31 PM.
I opened up the downtown subhood version of Meadow Creek and the "pollinator" was correct. The father was incorrect in my full game. I'll remove my entire Downloads folder and check whether the fathers are correct or not. I don't have any multiple PT mod/or default replacement installed but just in case. Perhaps it's related to a CC. I'll check it out.

I installed all of the patches. I just re-downloaded the Seasons patch and it said that Seasons is already patched.

My Simblr
Instructor
#19 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:46 AM
Oddly enough, it is working for me in the suburb version but not in the downtown version. The father ended up being Harold. Maybe my suburb test was a fluke. I'll check out the pregnancy controller.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 3:34 PM
Well, we know that downtowns do things differently. It shouldn't be surprising if the Seasons patch doesn't work on them! Has anybody ever attached Belladonna Cove as a downtown? Reena Patel's pregnancy could act as a control.

Damn, though. If this is a downtown-specific bug hope there's a workaround or a way to patch it. I'm trying to make an urban neighborhood that can be used as a downtown, and I'd hoped to have one (but only one; I'm not obsessed with pregnancy, honest) pregnant lady in it.

Instructor
#21 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:57 PM
So I took a look at the pregnancy controller, and the father's NID is the same in both the mainhood versions and the subhoods, so the father should be the same in all versions.

But does anyone know how to find out a Sim's NID? Maybe converting the hoods changes some of the default NPC's NID.
Trainee Moderator
#22 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 9:53 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 18th Apr 2015 at 10:57 PM.
@litlegothcat13 You can use the InSimenator mod to check the sims' pregnancies. Or you could enter the cheat "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" and speed up the pregnancies. Check the family tree and look whether the fathers are all correct. As I mentioned above, the fathers were all correct. Look at post #18 in this thread.

I had this issue in both of the versions. (Downtown and Suburb)

Just to let you know, the "normal" pregnancies are all correct. Stella Stahrr's pregnancy was correct in both versions. The Kleins also had the correct fathers (also in both versions). I checked MV and the pregnancies there were correct as well (also in both versions). So, I believe any pregnancies involving the Universal Sims may be incorrect. It's not possible to get pregnant by them anyway, except for PT.

I believe, the game chooses a random Universal Sim and that sim will be the "pollinator". Since there's no pre-made sim pregnant by the default alien in the default subhoods, EA might decided not to fix it. I believe, they only fixed it for "normal" pregnancies because of Samantha Ottomas or Sarah Crittur.

But maybe I'm totally wrong with this. This might be a bug by the game itself, not our fault...
We could test Tarlia's Strangetown as a subhood and see whether Pascal's baby is an alien or not... Then we'd see whether the game updates pregnancies in subhoods involving the Universal Sims.

BUT this issue is not specific for downtown subhoods. As said, all of the other pregnancies were correct. Only Sirius's alien pregnancy was borked. The alien pregnancy didn't work in my game as a suburb subhood as well. So, it's not downtown-related.

I'll remove my SavedSims and Downloads folder and see what the game does now.

ETA: I tried removing my SavedSims and Downloads folder but it's still the same. The other pregnancies are all fine, except for Sirius's pregnancy. Sirius always gives birth to a half-Therapist baby in both versions.
We could try to abort his pregnancy using the InSimenator Microwave and re-impregnate him again and see whether it's fixed or not.

I just want to let you know guys that this is not specific for the downtown subhoods. I ended up with a half-Therapist baby in the surburb subhood version as well.

My Simblr
Instructor
#23 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 1:16 AM Last edited by litlegothcat13 : 19th Apr 2015 at 1:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@litlegothcat13 You can use the InSimenator mod to check the sims' pregnancies. Or you could enter the cheat "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" and speed up the pregnancies. Check the family tree and look whether the fathers are all correct. As I mentioned above, the fathers were all correct. Look at post #18 in this thread.

We could test Tarlia's Strangetown as a subhood and see whether Pascal's baby is an alien or not... Then we'd see whether the game updates pregnancies in subhoods involving the Universal Sims.

Hmm, I've been using the sim blender for checking the pregnancies and speeding them up so I see no need for the inseminator. And in my game one version of the suburb worked okay and in the downtown in didn't, making a normal Sim (Harold Yang, yes I checked the family tree) the father. In another suburb I tested, the father ended up as the therapist, as it did in my second downtown. But Stella's pregnancy is always correct. Also, the father's NID's in the pregnancy controller are always the same, even in the mainhood version where the father is always PT. So I don't see anything wrong in the pregnancy controllers either. But I'll admit I'm not an expert on that

This is not a Suburb problem either. I have been playing with Tarlia's Strangetown suburb for almost a year now and the father of Pascal's baby is always PT. I have no idea where this issue is coming from. I'll try checking out Pascal's pregnancy controller in there.

Update: Okay, so I've figured out the issue. As expected PT's NID does change when the hood is converted. So, while the father's NID is the same, the NID itselft now belongs to another sim. So, theoretically, I just have to find PT's new NID and use that update the pregnancy controller.
Trainee Moderator
#24 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 9:05 AM
Sim Blender will require Pets or higher so you'll have to use the inSimenator if you want to fix this issue in the subhood versions. Abort Sirius's pregnancy and re-impregnate him again using the microwave and upload the fixed version of the subhoods. Then, I believe the NID of the PT will be correct.

My Simblr
Instructor
#25 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 11:22 AM Last edited by litlegothcat13 : 19th Apr 2015 at 11:53 AM.
Here it is, the suburb version just so we can test if the method works, but note that this this only seems to work if you attach it to a mainhood, as intended. If one just sticks this in your normal neighborhoods folder, the Father's NID will be wrong again.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BMC1.rar (20.06 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Page 1 of 2