Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 8:01 PM
Will getting Sims 4 in Origin affect my PC Sims 3 game?
Basically the title explains it, but I haven't had Origin since I realised how much 1.69 fucked with my game, and I'm now considering buying TS4 through Origin since right now it's only £20 for the digital download. I'm just wondering if anyone had any experience with mixing the two formats and if Origin is going to force me to update my S3?
Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2016 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Yes TS4 will affect your TS3. It will make you appreciate TS3 so much more and make you realize all the little glitches and annoyances will no longer bother you.

Sims 4 is not worth $29.38. Wait until it is $5.

But to answer your question, theoretically it shouldn't affect each other if you buy it on Origin b/c they're separate games. But I've heard stories of Origin updating TS3 to 1.69 without the user consent. However, this happens whether they had TS4 or not. Just make sure all your TS3 "update" functions are disabled.

Okay, thanks for the help. That's good to know. and yeah, I feel like I'll miss the unique charm of having to wait half an hour for my game to start, but maybe custom content will save me, who knows? I'm mainly more interested in it as a game now due to the most recent update to the gender system and my discovery of the maxis match community which makes S4 cc much less scary
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 12:26 AM
In Origin's own settings you can set it to disable auto-updates of Origin and its games, and to ignore "non-mandatory updates". I can't guarantee EA won't do something stupid like make 1.69 mandatory, but that may be worth a try.

(Lucky you for not being dumb enough to buy everything on discount at origin and be stuck with 1.69!!! >___< )

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here