Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 6:04 PM
Default Windows 10 How to Install Mods so They Work
Hiya, I'm a little new to this, and I can't seem to, no matter how I follow each guide, install a mod so it works. Is it different on Windows 10, because I cannot find anything that will tell me if there is anything I should be doing different.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Jun 2016 at 6:17 PM
I haven't heard of anything being different. I think the regular old mod folder with resource.cfg should work. Idk what method people use to create the folder now since i just copy and paste my old one all the time but this is what i used when i first began >http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

This includes pics if you get lost
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Jun 2016 at 10:37 AM
Disable OneDrive, should work after that, you disable Onedrive in Task Manager and under start up, then close out of Onedrive in Task Manager as well, under Processes

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
Disable OneDrive, should work after that, you disable Onedrive in Task Manager and under start up, then close out of Onedrive in Task Manager as well, under Processes

Thanks, it worked. I shall remember that.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 6:42 AM
Your welcome, I have had that issue with other games as well, no idea why games default to OneDrive...

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
I haven't heard of anything being different. I think the regular old mod folder with resource.cfg should work. Idk what method people use to create the folder now since i just copy and paste my old one all the time but this is what i used when i first began >http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

This includes pics if you get lost

Is this guide relevant to Windows 10? There doesn't seem to be any mention of Win 10 - the most recent OS it mentions seems to be Win 7. I'm also having some issues trying to get my CC folders/files/etc. set up, as I just got a new computer running Windows 10. This was also my go-to guide when I was playing on my previous computer, which was running XP (which is an OS that's mentioned in the guide, unlike Win 10). Is there perhaps an updated version of this guide, or one that's specific to Windows 10?

Also, could you possibly clarify how you mean you just copy and paste your old folder? I'm looking to transfer all of my CC downloads and packages and mods from my old computer to this one, and it seems that may have been what you did, so perhaps you might be able to help me/tell me what you did yourself?

Thank you!
Cass
Site Helper
#7 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 9:40 PM
The only part that Windows 10 might change (although it is not supposed to) is that the game sometimes decides to put things that belong in Documents into the One Drive folder instead. If it does, move them to where they belong and disable One Drive.
Otherwise, yes. that guide is relevant for Windows 10.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook