Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 8:36 PM
Try this section... http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#127 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 9:04 PM
I'm not sure to understand.
If you mean that every time you clone a painting, the new painting replaces the original painting, then you forget to register a new GUID for your clone.
What are the "writings" you are talking about?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 9:26 PM
It sounds like they are talking about a custom description for the item.. but I'd discourage cloning an item just for the sake of having different text there.

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Test Subject
#129 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 7:19 PM
please please help me i downloaded the program but it won't wrk hope you can help

Sims Fan for Life
Leah
Test Subject
#130 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 3:02 AM
thank you SO much for the tutorial!
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 9:08 PM
Thank you so much for this tut, I'm an icon maker over at livejournal and I spend a lot of time messing around with pictures and making them look different, I've always wanted to try and make them into painting for my sims so thank you :D
Field Researcher
#132 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 2:30 PM
You know the painting 'Red vs Blue', I want to change the background of it from browny-orange to blue but it won't let me in the Photo Studio, is there any way you can change the frame of the paintings? Thanks for the tutorial by the way, its very helpful
The ModFather
retired moderator
#133 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 11:10 PM
You can then recolour that painting using Object Workshop. I've tried, and Object Workshop lets you recolour the entire texture (front and back) of the painting.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#134 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 12:23 AM Last edited by gaucho0103 : 19th Feb 2007 at 12:59 AM.
Thanks for the tutorial. I'm just wondering...is it normal that the new painting weight 686 ko? I tried the compressed way that gives me a 88ko painting but in the game i can only see the paint from far. If I go near, the image either disapear or show the original. Strange.

guy in montréal.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 2:35 AM
thank you for this phenomenal tutorial. i have a question though. i have made some pictures and when im in the SimPE they look good but when i play the game they dont look all the great can u help please?

TASH

http://passionssims2com.page.tl/

my own website. check it out
The ModFather
retired moderator
#136 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 8:24 PM
Tacos, have you the DDS utilities installed? If not, read how to install them at the beginning of this tutorial (in the section "What you need").

Lab Assistant
#137 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:55 PM
Default Thanx So Much!!!
Oh Em Gee............... I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I MEAN IT!!!! WILL YOU MARRY ME!!???? PLEASE!!???!!!!! OMG I have NEVER understood ANY tutorial before! Even labeled FOR BEGINERS of something like that. I ACCTUALLY UNDERSTAND THIS!!!!! I REALLY DO!!!!!! I JUST CREATED MY FIRST CUSTOM THING!!!!!!!!!!!! Just one question, will the picture I used as a base image still be available in the buy catolaouge? And can I set the price of my new painting?

I do not upload to MTS2. Since they will not accept my files for whatever reason. To see my models, go here Shan-Chan do not be fooled because it is a freewebs site. I will get a domain name ASAP
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 8:01 PM
And one more thing, Is it possible to change the description and name of your new painting. Is so, please tell me (in detail I'm EXTREMELY new to object creation and SimPE)

I do not upload to MTS2. Since they will not accept my files for whatever reason. To see my models, go here Shan-Chan do not be fooled because it is a freewebs site. I will get a domain name ASAP
Test Subject
#139 Old 30th Apr 2007 at 6:09 PM
I have cloned a painting, because I wanted a completely new base painting (not recolours of ones i have already).. this works fine in the game, my new painting is there but now i want to add recolours, however nothing turns up in photo studio.
how do i convert my new painting to a template that will show up in photo studio???
Test Subject
Part-time Hermit
#141 Old 31st May 2007 at 7:35 AM
SimPE can be found here.
Forum Resident
#142 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 1:28 AM
OMG this is so easy. Thank you very much, I've just done three already and they look great! I'll definatly share them.
Test Subject
#143 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 6:51 AM
I don't have Photo studio.
How can I make the painting with photoshop?????
Part-time Hermit
#144 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 8:25 AM
You can't make a painting for the game with just Photoshop, you need a way to turn it into a game recolor. For that you can use Photoshop, Wizards of SimPE or Object Workshop, which are all parts of SimPE.
Test Subject
#145 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 1:42 AM
Default custom painting hell
ive ben trying for months to create an original painting using SimPE 0.62. can anyone provide an "idots guide" that newbies can follow? all those buttons are confusing me. we need sims2 art studio
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 1:55 AM
Are you talking about making an original painting as in a new mesh? The process for recoloring existing paintings hasn't changed. You'd want to look here for that:

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...ation_Tutorials

For recoloring paintings that don't have tem,plates, try this:

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...uring_Tutorials

Field Researcher
#147 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 7:58 PM
hi thanks for this tutorial! im going to go make boards to put over my windows using the "poisinous forrest" as a base!

THANK YOU!!!

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Field Researcher
#148 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by izazu
My photo studio is greyed out..I can't choose it Please help, I really want to create different paintings...And do I need CEP files with re colours of paintings? Thanks, izazu

Go into the sims pe help menu and go to tutorial then go to the one for photo studio it will take you to a website then read it. Trust me i had to do the same thing
Test Subject
#149 Old 26th Jun 2007 at 10:39 AM
Thanks for this tutorial. It is perfect, everything is understandable and I have just finished my first painting However, I was surprised to find out that when PhotoStudio loads pictures that can be edited, not all the paintings from the game (not even all the original Maxis paintings) are loaded. I need one specific painting which normally appears in the game but it is never accessible. Can anything be done about it??
Thanks for help
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 2:53 PM
oooohhhh thank you!!!!

my english is not so good but even I was able to understand this tutorial!
And so I made a picture for my sims from somethink that I've painted py myself and sannded it
It's a phoenix, I will try to upload it here and hope that the MTS team think it ist good enough to share.

*I'm happy happy happy*
dea
Page 6 of 13