Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 3:49 PM
Default Can The Sims 2 Run on my laptop?
I have a ASUS Laptop, and i have tried a lot to install Sims 2 but it always says about my graphics card.Can ASUS laptops run any sims game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 4:13 PM
I've got an ASUS laptop, and my TS2 game works fine on it. TS3 also ran fine (borked now, haven't fixed it), and TS4 is slow but works. Depends on your computer specs, though. One type of ASUS laptop won't have the same specs as a different ASUS laptop.
Inventor
#3 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 5:25 PM
It would help a lot if you listed the specs, since not all graphics cards are created equal, and TS2 is VERY finicky about graphics cards. Some of the "bad" or outdated ones it loves, while new ones that are fresh off the shelf and highly recommended for gaming with any other game makes TS2 puke.

Although, heads up, if it's any type of "integrated graphics" (like at least 75% of all laptops are nowadays), it won't play Sims, as it's not an actual graphics card (and it is NOT as good as a graphics card, no matter what the company says when trying to sell it to you).
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:50 PM
Most integrated graphics nowadays are fine for TS2. It's not guaranteed, but it's not an automatic no like it used to be.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.