Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 4:29 AM
Default Dormies rarely come out of their rooms.
Why do all (maybe not all but some you can see 1 or 2 dormie npc who isn't always in their room) the dormies disappear into their dorm rooms? It wasn't like this before I installed all the EPs? I don't use hacks or ccs. Is this natural? The dorm looks awfully depressing.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 9:28 AM
What do you mean by that? Like, the kids don't come out of the building at all (only to go to school, of course), or they just are antisocial of each other and sit in their own rooms all the time, avoiding everyone else? I've never had a problem even remotely resembling something like what you're describing, so I can't imagine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 10:20 AM
Almost everyone hides in their rooms but there are always 2 people outside their dorm rooms reading, doing assignments, mingling with my sims, etc.

When I click on build mode, I can see them in their rooms just standing along with invited guests who always go to the dorm rooms also just standing there. When my sim interacts with them, I can only queue around 2 actions to the guest before they walk-off to another room, then another. It's really screwed up and stupid.

It wasn't like this when only the University EP was installed. After installing up to Free Time, then Apartment Life, University became depressing as hell except for the dormies and the evil mascot getting electrocuted by the Sentry Bot.

I don't have hacks nor ccs installed. However, I did have hacks and ccs installed before when there was only the University EP but they weren't acting like antisocial vegetables.
Scholar
#4 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 3:18 PM
I know this behaviour. Send your sim around to visit their rooms and they all come out (until they start hiding again ).

For me it stopped since I use Pescado's nouniprotect. Now they have to come out to eat or they will starve!
Scholar
#5 Old 31st Jul 2009 at 4:33 PM
That's weird, my dorm-mates come out and play darts, read and such...except the girl in the room next to my sim...she seems stuck in her room...she just kind of stands there in her nightgown at her door...like a zombie.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
I know this behaviour. Send your sim around to visit their rooms and they all come out (until they start hiding again ).

For me it stopped since I use Pescado's nouniprotect. Now they have to come out to eat or they will starve!

I read about this and the problem was the dormies are too stupid to attend to their needs that they kept on dying. Is it different from your experience?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 4:07 AM
If your problem is that you want to socialize with the dormies, but they're in their rooms, you can just send your sim into their room. Like, have them walk into the room. Don't click on the door or anything. They can go inside and hang out.
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unregistered00
I read about this and the problem was the dormies are too stupid to attend to their needs that they kept on dying. Is it different from your experience?

I don't play university much (5 or 6 students with this hack now) but mostly in dorms and had no death, yet.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 11:33 AM
I know... I'm pretty late with respond (like 9 years late)... but I can confirm this behaviour. In my last playthrough 3 dormies died until I reached final year of college. So use this hack with caution (...and sorry for my english )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 11:47 AM
@Hanz96 Yep just a bit too late I am afraid. Please don't resurrect old threads unless you have some information that others will want to know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: Zombies are coming