Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2014 at 10:47 PM Last edited by sims 1 : 6th May 2014 at 7:11 AM.
Default The chappel/church by sims 1 (2nd upload) The Church
if you liked the State Park!

I'm sure you going to love the pictures for this next one. I made this chapel / church around the same time I made the State Park.

None of these have been uploaded yet because I need your feedback on both. Here is the pictures sense you might be curious in looking at it as a sims 2 wedding chapel it can also be used as a church too.

to get the wedding cake and Champaign bottle you need Celebration stuff or the sims 2 double deluxe installed and the pews are also from a different expansion so I would recommend all expansions to be sure

My game version: The Sims 2 Store Edition with all expansions and stuff packs

on this lot it can be used as a live concert hall, a place to get something to eat for free also If you don't like the church or chapel idea you can use the base structure as a different type of an environment

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
http://modthesims.info/browse.php?tag=wings&f=38
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:03 PM
the church is just a square box, and the roof an auto roof, try changing the roof, maybe add a steeple or something to jazz it up, be a little more creative, than just decorating a interior, make it look a little more.....different.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by klk01
the church is just a square box, and the roof an auto roof, try changing the roof, maybe add a steeple or something to jazz it up, be a little more creative, than just decorating a interior, make it look a little more.....different.

I am going to take your advice I added a custom roof I still don't know how to create a steeple. but, I made the roof look like most real life church's. you were right the last roof was not good it looks much better now thanks and yes i'll add more deco too thank you

being nice to people has it's benefits and being mean or nasty has no benefit and your only hurting yourself in the long run.
if anyone want to make an angel like mine here is the wings link (blue eyes not included) sorry
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:50 PM
this project once completed and uploaded will let your sims have a community lot wedding and you can invite your sim friends, in a group for fun then party or just do what I do and party with random lot sims.

they even sit in the pews and clap when a sim is speaking or a wedding ceremony is going on.

this lot is sure to have what your looking for! for a formal and realistic wedding and not the cold hearted sim government marriage. With this lot you actually can get married in the church and if you want a speaker for the church to make it even more real just have a sim recite poetry and watch all the sims on the lot sit just like in a real church in real life.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd May 2014 at 11:50 PM
To make a steeple, you could either build a small tower at one end and then put a steep roof on it, or just add a very steep roof to one end of the existing structure (although I think the former would look better). There are some M&G roof decorations that you can put at the top in place of a cross, to get the feel of a church steeple without using CC.

The outside could also use some landscaping, to make it more interesting.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd May 2014 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
To make a steeple, you could either build a small tower at one end and then put a steep roof on it, or just add a very steep roof to one end of the existing structure (although I think the former would look better). There are some M&G roof decorations that you can put at the top in place of a cross, to get the feel of a church steeple without using CC.

The outside could also use some landscaping, to make it more interesting.

I took your friendly advise and put a whole new head on the church.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd May 2014 at 1:36 PM
Looking at your last picture now you have two styles going on with the outside, traditional and modern. Since your inside is more traditional a traditional look outside would be what I would suggest. Remove all the modern roof area and build up a story with walls inside of where the outside walls are now to make a bell tower. Take a look at pictures of older churches to get an idea.

Or if you want to go modern remove the traditional roof and use large windows and more padded type seating and modern fixtures. Again it's best to take a look at Google pictures and take notes of things and idea that you like and use them in your building.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd May 2014 at 9:03 PM Last edited by sims 1 : 4th May 2014 at 7:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Looking at your last picture now you have two styles going on with the outside, traditional and modern. Since your inside is more traditional a traditional look outside would be what I would suggest. Remove all the modern roof area and build up a story with walls inside of where the outside walls are now to make a bell tower. Take a look at pictures of older churches to get an idea.

Or if you want to go modern remove the traditional roof and use large windows and more padded type seating and modern fixtures. Again it's best to take a look at Google pictures and take notes of things and idea that you like and use them in your building.

I can agree with you, but I don't have pews with cushions to make it modern, when I tried to build a bell tower and I removed the modern roof it just didn' look righ

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd May 2014 at 9:11 PM
I think the various elements all work, but they don't necessarily combine well. What I would do is the following:
- Use stone instead of brick
- Make the base of the building narrower, so it looks more like a small chapel than a large public building
- Lower the angle of the main roof
- Use more old fashioned windows on the tower

That would give you a very traditional look. If you want to go the other way and make it more modern, maybe consider something like:
- Use sandstone-type material outside. Brick is generally used in very utilitarian buildings that don't tend to emulate any particular architectural style, but fancier materials like sandstone are used a lot more in modern buildings designed along historical lines.
- Add some more modern decorative features, like statues/carvings along the walls, and some windows on the ground floor.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd May 2014 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I think the various elements all work, but they don't necessarily combine well. What I would do is the following:
- Use stone instead of brick
- Make the base of the building narrower, so it looks more like a small chapel than a large public building
- Use more old fashioned windows on the tower

That would give you a very traditional look. If you want to go the other way and make it more modern, maybe consider something like:
- Use sandstone-type material outside. Brick is generally used in very utilitarian buildings that don't tend to emulate any particular architectural style, but fancier materials like sandstone are used a lot more in modern buildings designed along historical lines.
- Add some more modern decorative features, like statues/carvings along the walls, and some windows on the ground floor.

I took some more advice and added it to my church.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th May 2014 at 7:14 AM
if the views draw in i'll eventually upload it but it seems nobody is interested this file may just be deleted. But if anyone is still interested post here this upload will come with both a modern chapel or church as well as the old fashioned church

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th May 2014 at 9:34 AM
That isn't how Creator Feedback works Sims 1. there are mostly just a handful of us who come here to help where we can. You won't get a lot of traffic. People view and feel they can't help so they don't post or some people just come to look. As a lot builder I hope I might have something to offer someone trying to get a lot uploaded. How is your park going? have you tried to upload it yet?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#13 Old 6th May 2014 at 8:40 PM Last edited by klk01 : 7th May 2014 at 5:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sims 1
if the views draw in i'll eventually upload it but it seems nobody is interested this file may just be deleted. But if anyone is still interested post here this upload will come with both a modern chapel or church as well as the old fashioned church

Jo's right, this is a place to help creators get their projects accepted, once they are accepted they go to the d/l section where EVERYONE who is looking for stuff goes...then you will see that people like it..