Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 11:34 AM
Default Upload Wizard: Accessing a partly completed upload
I'm sure I should know the answer to this one, but I can't remember, and I can't find an FAQ to help me.

I have started to upload a Sims 2 house using the upload wizard. I got as far as stage 5 (upload Files). I uploaded the zip file and a couple of pictures and then clicked on Save so I could come back to complete the upload later. I have a lot of Real Life issues at the moment and was planning on taking my time to complete it. Now, after rebooting my computer, I can't find my saved partial upload, and I haven't a clue how to get back to it. Clicking on Upload Items in the Create menu just starts up the Wizard for a new upload, and doesn't seem to give me any way to get back to the one I've started and saved. Can you tell me how I can get back to it?

When I uploaded my previous house a few years ago, I used the feature of being able to save a partly completed upload and go back to it, and I found the feature very useful. But I don't seem to be able to remember how it worked.

Thanks in anticipation.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 11:38 AM
Check in the user control panel http://www.modthesims.info/usercp.php?

It should be listed as partially uploaded items in there.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 12:28 PM
Thanks. That is where I used to find it before. I had completely forgotten. Sadly it doesn't seem to be there. Possibly that's because my mailbox is full. I knew I'd have to clean some stuff out of it before I submitted my upload (so I could receive PMs) but thought I could get away with it till then. I'll clean out some of my old "You have a new mention"s before I try again. And I'll make sure I can see my upload in my user control panel before I close the tab with the upload wizard on it. It's not too bad for me really. It won't take me long to re-upload a zip file and two pictures. I just hope the ones I can't access aren't wasting too much space on your servers.

I don't suppose there's any chance of increasing the number of PMs allowed again. It was only 100 when I first joined MTS, but, when I got near to that limit, it was increased to 200. Then , when I got near to 200, my limit was increased to 500, and I suppose I was hoping it would be increased again. The inclusion of tagged "you have a new mention" notices means that the in-box can fill up rather quickly for frequent posters like myself. Still I appreciate that server space isn't free, and there probably has to be a limit.

By the way, I still love the site!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 12:34 PM
The uploads not completed has nothing to do with PMs. . It just tries to scan the upload wizard, but I think because you stopped in stag 5 it doesn't record it yet.

I'll PM you some links to try to use.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 2:58 PM
Thanks Tashiketh! The second of those uploads you linked to in your PM is the right one. (The first one had no files attached.) I've now got it on to stage 10 (main text) and saved it there, and it is now showing in my User Control Panel. A lot of what I've written is just placeholders, but now I should be able to go back and add more pictures and improve my text at leisure.

Hopefully I'll not need your help again.

Thanks again!

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#6 Old 13th Feb 2019 at 4:00 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered