Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 85 of 87
Inventor
#2101 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amidnightblue
Same here. I've tried all the settings I can find and nothings working. The old version still works for me luckily.

Yes Same! The old version works
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2102 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 10:02 AM
Same, it doesn't run at all (I'm on Windows 10). I hope this is an easy fix.
Scholar
#2103 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 10:15 AM
As the others, I can't open program- it just simply doesn't load up.
Scholar
#2104 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 12:02 PM
Not working for me either. I'm on windows 10. Old version still working though.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#2105 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 12:03 PM
Sorry about that folks! Turns out that I'd only tested the Debug build, and when building for Release, Visual Studio decided to break stuff. I've rebuilt the Release version now, tested it, so it should work fine!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2106 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 1:35 PM Last edited by LucieSims : 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:01 PM.
Yeah a new version of this great tool I am so happy thank you very much.
Oops I cannot run it each time I clicked on the program to start it, it won't launch at all . I redownloaded it a second time, tried the new copy, nothing's come.
Test Subject
#2107 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Sorry about that folks! Turns out that I'd only tested the Debug build, and when building for Release, Visual Studio decided to break stuff. I've rebuilt the Release version now, tested it, so it should work fine!

Still not working. Did the new version get updated yet?

Honey...The cat is in the tree again!
Scholar
#2108 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 1:53 PM

The newer version still doesn't start up. Do we need to install an additional program to get it working or set any options? (on Windows 10, no compatibility options ticked, no starting with administrator rights etc)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#2109 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:07 PM Last edited by Tashiketh : 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:20 PM.
I've tested on Windows 10, multiple machines. Works fine. The only requirement is .NET Framework 3.5 which should be there already. Could you guys try the Debug version I just attached and tell me what the error is?

Please make sure that the version is the 1.3 version (right click, properties, Version tab)!

Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2110 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
The newer version still doesn't start up. Do we need to install an additional program to get it working or set any options? (on Windows 10, no compatibility options ticked, no starting with administrator rights etc)

I guess another thing to try is installing NET 3.5: https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/dow...ails.aspx?id=21

It's working for me, but then I have too many NET versions installed already lol
Scholar
#2111 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:34 PM
It is now working for me on Windows 10. Thanks for the update and fixes. Glad its no longer telling me certain merged packages are Sims 2 packages.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2112 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:43 PM
Thanks so much! It's working perfectly for me, I'm on lastest win10 - I found sims4 packages now XDD I know why they were conflicting before, also, my eyes thank you for the smooth orange! ♥
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#2113 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blumusita
Thanks so much! It's working perfectly for me, I'm on lastest win10 - I found sims4 packages now XDD I know why they were conflicting before, also, my eyes thank you for the smooth orange! ♥

You're welcome! When I looked at the old colours my (now older) eyes went like O_O and I couldn't see *anything* :P

Scholar
#2114 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
I guess another thing to try is installing NET 3.5: https://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/dow...ails.aspx?id=21

It's working for me, but then I have too many NET versions installed already lol

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, I already have NET 3.5 installed. Anyway I've launched the Debug version, and that one works lol. Does it spit out an error somewhere, if so, where?

Tumblr: desiree-uk
Scholar
#2115 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 5:23 PM
I've tested on Windows 10, multiple machines. Works fine. The only requirement is .NET Framework 3.5 which should be there already. Could you guys try the Debug version I just attached and tell me what the error is?

Please make sure that the version is the 1.3 version (right click, properties, Version tab)!

Yeah I already have 3.5 installed. The Debug version works. I can't tell what the error was. So do I continue using the Debug version then?

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#2116 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 7:17 PM
Sure, that’s fine. It’s the exact same code, so not sure why it’s acting up.

Inventor
#2117 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 7:47 PM

I downloaded both version and they both work now. I am on windows 10.
I couldn't open it yesterday. All is good and thank you for updating it!
Test Subject
#2118 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Yeah I already have 3.5 installed. The Debug version works. I can't tell what the error was. So do I continue using the Debug version then?

The same thing is happening with me as well. I have W10 and 3.5 net framework installed already. The debug version works but not the other one. Really weird. I guess as long as one of them works. lol

Honey...The cat is in the tree again!
Scholar
#2119 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 8:41 PM

Great! Thank you for updating this!

Scholar
#2120 Old 3rd Apr 2022 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mspoodle1
The same thing is happening with me as well. I have W10 and 3.5 net framework installed already. The debug version works but not the other one. Really weird. I guess as long as one of them works. lol

I thought it was just me lol. Yep, the Debug one works for me, so I'll use it.

Test Subject
#2121 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 12:58 AM
Default Works great for me with Windows 11
I just tried it. I'm with Windows 11 and it works very good for me.
Forum Resident
#2122 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucieSims
Yeah a new version of this great tool I am so happy thank you very much.
Oops I cannot run it each time I clicked on the program to start it, it won't launch at all . I redownloaded it a second time, tried the new copy, nothing's come.

The debug version works like a charm, I got Net Framework 3.5 installed , this version is native of windows 10 so we don't have to redownload it.
Thank you for allowing us to have an alternative version of the tool. I was sad I couldn't use it anymore.

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Top Secret Researcher
#2123 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 5:31 PM
I have windows 10 and just downloaded and ran program. It certainly loaded and seems to be working. Thank you for doing this.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Test Subject
#2124 Old 4th Apr 2022 at 11:08 PM
please make mac version for Sims 3 Dashboard
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2125 Old 26th Apr 2022 at 7:00 PM
Thank you so much for the hard work!
Page 85 of 87