Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7301 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:05 AM
If a Sim can't go home from the future, can they live in Oasis Landing?

I have a household of one Sim that is supposed to live in Sunset Valley, I sent him to the future and now I can't get him back (no matter what I do, go back home keeps dropping out of his queue and he stays in Oasis Landing). Since I can't get him back to Sunset Valley, can he just live in Oasis Landing?
Advertisement
Instructor
#7302 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
If a Sim can't go home from the future, can they live in Oasis Landing?

I have a household of one Sim that is supposed to live in Sunset Valley, I sent him to the future and now I can't get him back (no matter what I do, go back home keeps dropping out of his queue and he stays in Oasis Landing). Since I can't get him back to Sunset Valley, can he just live in Oasis Landing?

Yeah, you can live in Oasis Landing, you might have to drop in some rabbitholes to do everything you might normally, but a better solution might be to figure out why travelling back isn't working for you because it can indicate something's gone wrong or is unstable in your game.

A lot of us use NRaas Traveler because it fixes a lot of the instabilities with the travelling system, which is notoriously buggy. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ

First though, you might double check and make sure it's not something simple like the route to the time portal being blocked or something.
Mad Poster
#7303 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:34 AM
I have Traveler but it didn't help him not get stuck in the future. I'm going to do some testing to see what might have gone wrong.
Instructor
#7304 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I have Traveler but it didn't help him not get stuck in the future. I'm going to do some testing to see what might have gone wrong.

Hmm... Maybe ask about it on the NRaas boards also then, they might be able to help you figure out what's happening.
Top Secret Researcher
#7305 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Gnome
Hey! *shakes fist*

How do you do that? You never post and then when I badmouth Gnomes, {poof!} you appear.

Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I do hope you mean the carrots and not the gnomes. Or was the ambiguity intentional?

Carrots, potatoes, gnomes... all ingredients.

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#7306 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Carrots, potatoes, gnomes... all ingredients.

Sounds like a stew to me. though honestly this conversation reminds me of nothing so much as Bugs Bunny sitting in a pot while Yosemite Sam tried making a stew out of him...

That said, I have a stupid question of my own: if I go into all my saves and terminate with extreme prejudice a certain sim who will remain nameless but whom I've heard more about than I ever wanted to know, should I take pictures to illustrate the many ways a sim can be made to die terribly?

Okay but seriously I do have a normal question. Why does a university basket appear in my one save every time I open it?
Screenshots
Scholar
#7307 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:40 AM
I'm guessing the answer is yes: terrain paint does NOT count towards the envrionmental score of a resort, right? (They don't care what terrain paint I use; it only gives me a blue + when I put landscape or resort items on it, right?)
Alchemist
#7308 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
If a teen completes a LTW, what happens on their YA birthday?

Nothing, the game goes on as usual. You don't get a chance to change their LTW, unfortunately, though I don't remember whether or not the Midlife Crisis reward can be bought after a LTW is completed.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7309 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 9:53 PM
How do you do that? You never post and then when I badmouth Gnomes, {poof!} you appear.

He's a magical gnome.
Theorist
#7310 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 9:18 AM
Just wondering, was there anyone who managed to get London to run without crashing?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#7311 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 2:05 AM
I was editing a world...
Anyone know where the statue of Grim Reaper is found, or the headstones? I got a pretty basic graveyard.

Also my last game started to do the halting thing. Runs a bit, then pauses. I'd gotten pretty far with no problems and then it starting doing that. How do I fix that again?

Sims are better than us.
#7312 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:09 AM
Why would my game run fine but my CAS run like frozen molasses? It took me two hours to make two characters!
Theorist
#7313 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:49 AM
Anyone know where the statue of Grim Reaper is found, or the headstones?

Can't remember if I unlocked it but try the mod in my signature.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#7314 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 10:09 AM
Also my last game started to do the halting thing. Runs a bit, then pauses. I'd gotten pretty far with no problems and then it starting doing that. How do I fix that again?

Do you mean when you fresh start a load? I always let things 'load' a bit once then game begins. I pause and then leave it for maybe 4-5 minutes.
Lab Assistant
#7315 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:10 AM
I was editing a world...
Anyone know where the statue of Grim Reaper is found, or the headstones? I got a pretty basic graveyard.

The Grim Reaper statue is found in community objects (build mode) under the "All" tab only, for some reason. Headstones are in buydebug no mods needed.

omnis mundi creatura
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7316 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:26 AM
(...)
When your game pauses at regular intervals (like every 5 Sim minutes) you might have a stuck Sim somewhere.
Scholar
#7317 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:37 PM
I was editing a world...

The headstones are in misc. buy debug. I have not found the statue of Grim yet.
Scholar
#7318 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Can't remember if I unlocked it but try the mod in my signature.

I have a ton of CC, will your mod sort it out for me? It gets really bad in the "decor" section especially.
Lab Assistant
#7319 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 3:04 PM
The headstones are in misc. buy debug. I have not found the statue of Grim yet.

Well, in the All section of community objects, that statue should be there but that tab is way cluttered. I only use it with filters on and it still takes ages to load. Gotta look into collections at some point. How would one create those efficiently when my packages are usually merged already?

omnis mundi creatura
Site Helper
#7320 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 7:14 PM
I create collections in-game, and make liberal use of the "Add to Collection" button on things.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#7321 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 7:38 PM
I have a ton of CC, will your mod sort it out for me? It gets really bad in the "decor" section especially.

The mod will tidy everything up which is Base/Expansion, plus adding hundreds of hidden items. You won't look back, i guarantee that.

#BlairWitchPetition
Top Secret Researcher
#7322 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Do you mean when you fresh start a load? I always let things 'load' a bit once then game begins. I pause and then leave it for maybe 4-5 minutes.

Well, you shouldn't have to let the game "warm up". I've never had to do that before.

Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
The Grim Reaper statue is found in community objects (build mode) under the "All" tab only, for some reason. Headstones are in buydebug no mods needed.

Only under the "All" tab? Thanks for the tip!
Why does EA hate us?

Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
When your game pauses at regular intervals (like every 5 Sim minutes) you might have a stuck Sim somewhere.

It runs about 30 seconds, then pauses, then runs another 30 seconds and repeats.
I found if I pause it while it is running, I can fill everyone's cue. That way it is only absurdly annoying.
I started another game, same problem. So, I nuked it from space* - the only way to be sure.

* okay, I really just deleted "The Sims 3" folder in my documents directory, restarted the Sims, loaded up my safely stored custom content, my zoo of Sim characters was added back to the library, and off I went. Harsh, but no blasting effects or radiation involved. It was metaphorical, or hyperbole.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#7323 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 12:43 PM
Eyelashes? I recall once that moving the slider for eyelashes in CAS actually DID something. The black around the top of the Sim's eyes would grow thicker. But now, it feels like that slider does nothing (I use Kurosaberina's Primer skin)
Is this an issue with the skin or do I have to download 'eyelashes' (as makeup, I assume) to actually get something?
Field Researcher
#7324 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Eyelashes? I recall once that moving the slider for eyelashes in CAS actually DID something. The black around the top of the Sim's eyes would grow thicker. But now, it feels like that slider does nothing (I use Kurosaberina's Primer skin)
Is this an issue with the skin or do I have to download 'eyelashes' (as makeup, I assume) to actually get something?

I know what you mean because I’ve seen it and I think it’s indeed related to the skin. Even though I have the same skin and the eyelashes in my game work, so maybe there’s also another factor.

Theorist
#7325 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 4:50 PM
Default A career that cannot be fulfilled....
Is there any way for a Sims assigned the "paparazzi" or photography lifetime wish to do it? I don't have Late Night installed or WA. The only camera is the cellphone camera. How am I supposed to get this guy to advance? Is it pointless? How does he make money?
Page 293 of 385