Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 7:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't find GraphicRules.sgr
I'm reading this guide https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-...solution-guide/ and I can't find GraphicRules.sgr in my config folder.

I have the ultimate collection through origin.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 7:34 PM
Make sure you're looking in the Config folder in the install files, not the Documents folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config

NOT

C:\Users\USER\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Config
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Make sure you're looking in the Config folder in the install files, not the Documents folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config

NOT

C:\Users\USER\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Config

Thank you
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
I'm reading this guide https://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-...solution-guide/ and I can't find GraphicRules.sgr in my config folder.

I have the ultimate collection through origin.

AND

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig

Both Graphic Rules.sgr AND Video Cards.sgr MUST be in BOTH of these directories/folders.

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Alchemist
#5 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miska

AND

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig

Both Graphic Rules.sgr AND Video Cards.sgr MUST be in BOTH of these directories/folders.

I know people say this at times, but I have never changed the ones in my CSConfig. Can anyone explain why some people do? I thought I read that CSConfig is for Bodyshop, not the game, but I may have dreamed that.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I know people say this at times, but I have never changed the ones in my CSConfig. Can anyone explain why some people do? I thought I read that CSConfig is for Bodyshop, not the game, but I may have dreamed that.

Though I cannot say with 100% certainty, that does sound familiar with regard to the CSConfig directory relating to BodyShop.

All I know is that through much 'tweaking' with Graphics Rules over the years, if I didn't have my Graphic Rules.sgr AND Video Cards.sgr properly updated in BOTH directories (i.e: the same files copied to Both directories), there were conflicts/graphical issues 'in game'.

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Forum Resident
#7 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader

I think CSConfig is also affects CAS or at least friend had her game always crash when she opened CAS before we remembered to copy the graphics rules there too and then the crashing stopped immediately.