Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 1:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Graphics program
I'm looking for a free to download, easy to use graphics program as the one I have been using, the computer it's on died, and its not compatible wit my laptop's operating system.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 2:15 AM
Blender
https://www.blender.org/

Also the Gimp is an excellent Photo editor to go along with it
https://www.gimp.org/
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 5:30 PM
Blender is a little difficult to get the hang of, because the interface is quite different from a lot of other 3D programs and relies heavily on shortcuts - but if you have the option to use the new 2.8 version (not sure if TS4 works with this version, if you're planning to do conversions) I think the interface has been upgraded/changed to be a little easier to work with. If you've never used a 3D program, Blender is probably easier to learn from scratch. I had to "unlearn" some habits from other 3D programs I've previously used, and had to learn a lot of new shortcuts, because most of them don't make much logical sense compared to other programs. You'll need some basic how-to tutorials for Blender tools to get started - there's several at Youtube.
I prefer using Milkshape for small edits, clothes, and anything with bones, though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 10:25 PM
For free I would say Gimp. You can buy older versions of paid graphics programs off ebay if you don't mind paying something, that's what I did.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Aug 2019 at 4:16 AM
You can get Paintshop Pro current version very cheap (under $100, usually, sometimes way under), and older versions are...available if you know where to look. I've used it exclusively for something like twenty years (ever since version 4) - it will do almost everything Photoshop will, and has a far easier learning curve (with help files that explain clearly and simply what everything does).
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 5:48 PM
FireAlpaca is free and pretty decent.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 4th Nov 2023 at 10:11 PM
I am going to withdraw my recommendation of Paintshop Pro, because Corel allowed it to become affected by a change Google(!) made to its API feature years ago. Unless you can run the very latest version, or are still using a version older than X5, you will encounter a maddening bug that will not allow you to use the program at all unless the very first thing you do after installation is switch from the Manage tab to the Edit tab, then go to Preferences, select Default Preferences, and make it always start with the Edit tab open.

Even then, you must never, ever, ever try to use the Manage tab, or you will have to End-Task the program and restart.

Corel has no interest in fixing this bug for any version earlier than 2023 - they will just tell you to upgrade whether you can or not (and even if you tell them you can't).