Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 6:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Ultimate Edition won't launch, says base game is not installed, Windows 10
After the recent Windows 10 update, I decided to re-install The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition through Origin. Prior to the update, the game would start the opening video and then crash (even with the 4GB patch and graphic file changes), yesterday I was able to get to the loading screen before crashing. I applied the 4GB patch (which was installed correctly) and added my video card to the list (I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti) - the game loaded up but I had the flashing pink neighborhood which caused my game to instantly crash after loading any household. I thought I would go back on today to see if it fixed itself but it is now not launching. Instead, it crashes after launch, telling me that The Sims 2 is not installed, I have attached photos below. It then creates a "The Sims 2" folder inside the EA Games Folder ignoring the already established "The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection" folder. The game is installed, all the EP's and SP's are still in the Origin Directory so I don't know why it's doing this.

I used to play, with this graphics card, on Windows 8, but I decided to update to Windows 10 and then I couldn't play anymore. The fact that yesterday I was able to at least launch the game gave me so much hope but now I don't know what's wrong with it.
If anyone else has experienced this and has any help they can give me that would be very much appreciated.

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Aug 2019 at 7:34 PM
I had this issue for a little while too. Try right clicking the game on Origin and clicking "Repair." That should fix it. I'm not sure what the problem is, but repairing it does the trick for me