Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 7:50 PM Last edited by RickySsavage : 19th Aug 2019 at 8:06 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Flashing Pink Textures
I just loaded up my game after a while, and as soon as I got into my neighborhood view, I was surprised to find that the majority of the textures were flashing pink. I believe this means a missing texture, but I'm no expert. The only notable change I recall since I last played was switching to a new graphics card. The broken textures are not just CC, but also base game and EP textures too. I've attached a few screenshots to show the issue. Any help appreciated!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 9:05 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 19th Aug 2019 at 9:16 PM.
Have a look at that video/topic there --> http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641

Pink flashing is an issue with texture memory handling, often worsened by anything that makes the game work harder (shaders, shadows, reflections, lots of CC, large lots with a lot of CC, high-poly meshes, large textures, and so forth - including some issues with a Win10 update that messed around a bit too much with how the OS managed 32-bit games). The game goes into memory overload and dumps the texture memory to make room for more (including maxis textures), so technically there's a lot of temporarily "missing" textures. Reloading the game, sometimes also the entire computer may fix the problem there and then. Doing the fixes mentioned in the video above can help in general, particularly the 4GB fix, but if you have Win10 you may want to do the rest, too.

Actually missing textures, or missing master meshes for slaved items tend to be just one or two buy mode items flashing blue (accessories can also flash blue for a couple reasons). I think red flashing may be a shader issue (but I'm not sure because I've never seen it in my game).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:28 AM
You say you've just changed graphics cards, so I'm going to bet it's a shiny new one TS2 just doesn't have in its database and so it's handling the video memory poorly because it doesn't know what to do. It may even think you've only got 32MB to work with, and of course, you're gonna run out of that pretty fast. What kind of card is it?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 12:37 AM
Nope, you just run out of texture memory and pink flashing is a huge common thing now to many of us.

Make sure you have the 4 gb patch
That the graphic rules are done (watch the video above carefully and do all the steps in it)

Other things to try here: https://marasims.tumblr.com/post/17...flash-crash-fix It's over more than one post.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~