Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Converting Sims3packs into packages
(1) Which ones are safe to convert? I'm assuming NOT lots, worlds, or sims? (2) Can sims3packs with multiple items in them be converted? and (3) After converting them and running them through Delphy's Dashboard, a lot of them seem to be corrupted, duplicates, or conflicting. Why?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 6:08 AM Last edited by Butterbot : 22nd Apr 2018 at 6:09 AM. Reason: Typo
1. Rumour is that kitchen counters will break if converted, though that has not been my personal experience. Patterns created with CAP will need to be fixed after conversion: https://erissims3ccfinds.tumblr.com...e-is-how-to-fix

Lots, worlds, and sims can all be converted. They'll need to be installed into the appropriate folders, however. World and sim files need to have .world and .sim as extension, respectively.

2. Yes.

3. Not all conflicts reported by the Dashboard are problematic; sometimes it just means that resources are shared across files. Each case needs to be assessed individually.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 12:49 PM
Re #3: This document might help. Understanding Mod and CC Conflicts using Delph's Dashboard. The tutorial is illustrated and a great resource for managing cc and mods.

To download the PFD click on the link on the page at the top.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 7:02 PM
I've had several counters break when I convert them. It's usually the patterns kind if. They look horrible.