Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2023 at 9:18 PM
Default For learning purposes: A sofa enabled for pets
I want to try to update one of my favourite custom sofas so that pets can sit on it. This seems to involve changing the pie menu options.

However, to see what I need to change, I need a sofa that is already pet-enabled. I checked a handful of files in my downloads folder but can't find one. Can someone send me a link to one?

Alternately: Just tell me what I need to change.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2023 at 9:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Sep 2023 at 10:06 PM.
Not sure if they're the best example, but ATS has sofas/items that are both BG and Pets enabled
https://sims2.aroundthesims3.com/ob...ngroom_010.html (random example - click thumbnail for BG, text for Pets)

The only tutorial I can find that touches on the subject shows how to update fridges and such. Can't find one spesifically for pets items. Not sure if you can use the same method.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=286886

You will need to do some changes in the pie menu resources. There seem to be some differences between the ATS files, so if the Pets file works fine ingame (I don't know if it does), then those changes likely are going to work in another file too - I'm not sure if there are other items that need changing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2023 at 10:45 PM
jfade apparently has a program that can update things for Pets, but I'm not sure exactly what it does.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
jfade apparently has a program that can update things for Pets, but I'm not sure exactly what it does.

I tried it out...didn't work for me. YMMV. (I have the Ultimate Collection, which didn't exist when the mod was created - this may or may not have something to do with it.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 11:42 PM
Assuming the custom sofa is referencing the semiglobals for its actions (0x2### functions) I think all you should have to do is enable the interaction for (adult) pets in the TTAB. You may also want to enable the Nap interaction for them as well.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I want to try to update one of my favourite custom sofas so that pets can sit on it. This seems to involve changing the pie menu options.

However, to see what I need to change, I need a sofa that is already pet-enabled. I checked a handful of files in my downloads folder but can't find one. Can someone send me a link to one?

Alternately: Just tell me what I need to change.

Shouldn't all the Maxis sofas be pet enabled?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Shouldn't all the Maxis sofas be pet enabled?

Yep. If you've got Pets enabled in the options in SimPE, then you should get the Pets options already available if you clone a couch/sofa. You can clone one, or just extract one, either would likely do the trick.