Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 6:31 PM
Default Changing the properties of a build mode plant
I am trying to change the properties of the Heather plant that came with the Store world of Dragon Valley. The issue is that it has a footprint of 3x3, doesn't intersect well with other plants and Sims get stuck in it. So I want to change it to resemble the base game heather plant.
So far I have changed the script class from Hydrangea (which it must have been cloned from) to Heather and simply copied the FTPT values from the base game heather over to the Store version.
Question is whether this is enough. First of all I noticed that the FTPT resource has a different "name", secondly there are resources I am not familiar with, namely SPT and NGMP. Do I need to do something with these too and do I have to copy the name of the FTPT resource. I looked at the Footprint Editor plug in, and without any directions or help with this tool its window doesn't say anything to me.

In-game the plant looks fine, and the footprint changes seem to have applied, too, but I am still unsure about the difference in the FTPT "names".