Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SharaRose
Process monitor may be helpful in identifying bad content with CC loaded, since you can see either what is hanging, or what was loading when it crashed.

I suspect that it really is not a problem of bad cc. There were no problems with prior versions of CAW. For example, I have cut back to version 1.8, which came out with the 70's 80's and 90's stuff pack. (The link to version 1.9, which appears on this site appears to be broken.) No problem.

It just seems that the problem is with CAW itself. After Supernatural came out, there was a problem with lots not showing. The problem was not with the lots, but with CAW. EA eventually got it fixed.

Why do I think EA will fix this? Because this not only prevents people from using player made creative content, but stuff EA wants to sell from their store. Why buy the store stuff if you can't use it?

I suspect these problems will be fixed, in time. I also suspect it is not a praticularly high priority. So I will do what I can do with the earlier version, and when EA gets around to fixing this, perhaps after the release of Gilligan's Island, I will add the new stuff. It's not as if I don't have plenty of stuff to do.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:27 PM
I've tried everything. ( I think) and it still isn't working. Is it perhaps something in my world that does not work? Or does someone want to try my world, see if it works there? This is getting reaaaally frustrating.
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st May 2014 at 7:21 AM
Here's what finally worked for me.

My problem came out of the blue and I suddenly couldn't export my saved worlds, even those I haven't updated since I exported them just fine last time. Here it is:

1- move the sims3 DCCache and DCBackup folders to your desktop (the game will replace with new ones)

2- Open CAW and export the world. this time it should export fine.

3- move the DC folders again from your desktop to their correct place and when/if you are asked overwrite files. THE OLD ONES OVER THE NEW ONES

4- Go to your sims3 exports folder and move/copy the .world package to the sims 3 downloads folder, open the launcher and install the world from the downloads tab.

Now play the game, your world should be succesfully installed and you will be able to play it fine.

Credit: junceda @ https://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/p.../15/614597.page
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 8:59 PM
Well, I couldn't replace the DC Cache folder because I didn't get the possibility to overwrite files.
I could just put the old folder into the new one but nothing else.
What worked for me (if you don't want to play with your world but just test it because you want to
give it away) was, to rename the game folder, start the CAW (it creates a new, clean Sims 3 folder),
then export the world (what worked fine although I had problems before), put it into the clean Sims 3 folder,
started the game and installed the world where I could enter it without that terrible "fatal error" message
I got before.

I tried several other things recommended here (cleaning the global layer, putting the DCCache out and so on)
and nothing worked. But because I did this world by request and didn't wanted it for myself,
this solution was the best for me.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Test Subject
#30 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 2:28 PM
This is what worked for me.
I 'Saved As' the world, so it was all new. I then deleted all the files inside [DC Cache, DC Backup, WorldbuilderCache].
Once I did that, the world exported fine.
But then when I tried to start a new game in the Newly downloaded world (in-game) it came up with a 'Serious Error' message.
So then I uninstalled the world from Sims 3 Launcher and i redid everything above to get a new .world.package file.
I then moved that world.package file into the Downloads folder, not the export folder.
It loaded when I started new game and plays now.
Thank you, @brando130, @Phil55234, for giving me the ideas.
It was a combination of things that finally got it to work.
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 7:12 PM
I ran into the world-export-failed-problem three days ago.
If one uses downloaded lots in a world:

Install it as usual via launcher, then start and load a save, so you can place it. Save and Exit.
Uninstall (!) via launcher, it is now in your savegame.
Start the game again, and save it to the library.
Exit game, start CAW, place a lot the size you need, run EIG and place the saved lot.

This makes sure, the world you create and the installed lot are not linked and it solved the problem for me.
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 2:22 PM
Thanks a lot, you made my day, dude! xD
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 12:31 PM
How come none of ur advice works for me? i cant get it... i have done everything ... and nothing works ... what is going on with this ?!
dodgy builder
#34 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kai_Grantville
How come none of ur advice works for me? i cant get it... i have done everything ... and nothing works ... what is going on with this ?!

Do you use CC or EA items in your world Kai? Have you tried making a new sims3 folder and set it up there?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Apr 2017 at 6:29 AM
Situation: I Edited world ..... went through normal process .....Exported correctly ..... Installed correctly .... Made a neighborhood from drop down list ..... but when save game is saved the "0x000000000ExportDB.package" is not created. The question is why would it not be created.
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 12:05 PM
Hello,

I've experienced the "can't export world" problem and I had followed all advices from previous post, with no luck. I almost wanted to give up, but suddenly I've found a solution no one has mentioned yet.

If You can't export, please make sure You have no special characters in the name and description of your world (right click on the name of the world in the left panel of CAW and select "add/edit decription").

The problem is that when you follow exactly the great tutorial by Inkantator (http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...3&postcount=30), by default the name of the world is something like that:
World/EP03_broadPass/WorldDescription:XXX_BRIDGEPORT

Inkantator has written: "Give your world a name". So, I've replaced the last section of the string above, assuming that the remaining part was a kind of path or something like that. As a result I've had:
World/EP03_broadPass/WorldDescription:NEW_BRIDGEPORT

And that was the problem! Apparently CAW has a problem with special characters (like "/" or ":") in the world description and/or name. Once I've replaced the whole name AND description string to:

XXX_BRIDGEPORT
(nothing more, just the name without any special characters)

... and export was this time successfull!

I hope it will help someone.

Best regards,
MJZ
dodgy builder
#37 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zulusmjz
Hello,

I've experienced the "can't export world" problem and I had followed all advices from previous post, with no luck. I almost wanted to give up, but suddenly I've found a solution no one has mentioned yet.

If You can't export, please make sure You have no special characters in the name and description of your world (right click on the name of the world in the left panel of CAW and select "add/edit decription").

The problem is that when you follow exactly the great tutorial by Inkantator (http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...3&postcount=30), by default the name of the world is something like that:
World/EP03_broadPass/WorldDescription:XXX_BRIDGEPORT

Inkantator has written: "Give your world a name". So, I've replaced the last section of the string above, assuming that the remaining part was a kind of path or something like that. As a result I've had:
World/EP03_broadPass/WorldDescription:NEW_BRIDGEPORT

And that was the problem! Apparently CAW has a problem with special characters (like "/" or ":") in the world description and/or name. Once I've replaced the whole name AND description string to:

XXX_BRIDGEPORT
(nothing more, just the name without any special characters)

... and export was this time successfull!

I hope it will help someone.

Best regards,
MJZ

Yes, I remember something about that. I insist on using my native language when making something, so I always end up in trouble with naming conventions. Thank you for the reminder.
Page 2 of 2