Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#151 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 5:49 AM
hey Wes,
I cloned a object with S3OC and extracted the Mlod
Decompiled the mesh using the object tool then imported it in Milkshape
Moved some meshparts arround and also moved the joint that the parts were assigned too.
Then i wanted to export the file and overwrite the _filebase.s3asc wich normally gives you the popup if you want to overwrite the file but nothing happened.
When reimporting the file it was still as the original, no changes.
Is it not possible to overwrite the original?

So i made the changes again and this time i exported the file as a new _filebase.s3asc file
When reimporting that file the changes to the mesh were visible but the changes to the joints(i moved them) didn't get aplied...
Had several attempts but it seems you can not edit the skeleton, can you?
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#152 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 1:21 AM
The 'skeleton' changes are not exported, the compiler copies the original data to the output. From my research, long ago, changing the joint positions in the MLOD file does not seem to have any effect on the rendering of the object. The real joint data for the objects is in the 'rig' file, and is in an odd format based on the granny system. You can change the file extension for these to .gr2 and open them with the Granny Viewer (available from Rad Game Tools). However, it is only a viewer, not an editor.

A few people have experimented with changing that file, and some modest results confirmed what I said. I think that part of what rothn is trying to accomplish with his Sims 3 Animator project may help enable this, and you may find some other posts about this by searching, as I recall it was related to moving the wheels on a car mesh.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Alchemist
#153 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 12:32 PM
There have been a couple questions about how to use the new S3PE .s3asc format/editor plugins posted in a few threads so I've written a mini-tutorial on the process and posted it at Simlogical.

Link: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=614.0

The process using the new S3PE features and your new plugins is very easy but it's also a bit of a change so hopefully this will help anyone who has questions about it.

Thank you for your work on the new .s3asc format and for updating the Milkshape plugins Wes...this is a great step for S3 meshing
Forum Resident
#154 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 3:13 PM
Every so often when I try to use the autonum tool I get this error. I've simply just regrouped the male nude parts, top and bottom, and the morphs. Any specific reason why? Or am I doing it wrong?

Screenshots
Test Subject
#155 Old 22nd Dec 2011 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsShine
I downloaded the plugins and I put them in the right folder (...\programfiles\milkshape 1.blabla), but when I want to import a mesh I don't see the option 'Sims 3 object import etc.' which I need..
What might be the cause??

Having the same problem.
Never Mind
Page 7 of 7