Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 11:16 AM
Default Using areas reserved for the body
I've made a crop top and deleted a large area of the body above the waist. The neck and sleeves were reworked, and the new parts of those areas were moved into the region where the body used to be. The new base tex, alpha channel, and mask all match the UV map. But, when I put it all in TSRW, the regions I moved into the deleted body areas are ignored and show up with skin tones. Can I not use those areas, or am I overlooking something really simple?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 2:52 PM
You mean the parts with the gray background? What does the alpha look like?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 5:21 PM
The pics of everything are included. The sleeves recolor normally with the 2nd color channel, but the neckline and sleeve cuffs ( the 2 meshparts in the area where the body parts normally are) are skin colored and don't change with that color channel. When I get this working, the collar and sleeve cuffs will be changed to a 3rd color channel like the pic In MS shows. if I can't use the body areas I can always straighten out the collar and scale both them and the sleeves down to fit under the Rt arm, but if I can leave them where they are I can get some texture on them instead of just color.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 6:25 PM
That certainly looks like it should work. Have you tested in-game? Could you upload the package?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 9:01 PM
Well, when I was getting it ready to send, I noticed that when I updated all the textures i didn't load the matching mesh. Once I did that everything worked as advertised. They say the mind is the 2nd thing to go ---