Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Skylight Kits

by DasMatze2 Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM - Updated 6th Mar 2012 at 11:41 AM by DasMatze2

140 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:32 PM
These skylight are really great. But i have a conflict in the Delphy dashboard that say's skylight 1 side conflict with skylight comerln 1.
I will try to see if it works in the game. But you might want to check it out.
Roger
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:35 PM
NICE! Way to Go!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#28 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:47 PM
Thank you. I build 'my' spacestation now :-)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 6:58 PM
Wow, I quite like this. This is such a great idea. I was thinking about how I could create such skylights without any CC but you have solved this problem with your creation.
Thank you a lot!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 7:25 PM
[QUOTE=DasMatze2]I could but I'm afraid there will be too many pieces clogging up the buy menu since I was planning to create the same pieces as in set 1 but translated around 0.5 meters higher so you can combine set 1 and 2 for skylights two times as big. What sizes did you think of? 2x1? 2x2?
QUOTE]

I was actually using the "constrainfloorelevation off" cheat with some pillars to build higher, but it's a lot of work. Although, come to think of it, and I have no idea if this works, but can these be made shiftable?

Ooo, I hadn't thought of 2x1, but that sounds like it might look good too. Yup, 2x2, I'm not sure if 3x3 is too big looking? I'll leave that up to you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 7:55 PM
WOW!!! I'm speakless. There abre sooooo fantastic, awesome. Thank you su much.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#32 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 7:57 PM
YOU are a daggone genius!!!

And yes, a collections folder would be awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 9:16 PM
Amazing!!!!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 9:46 PM
I am in a "no CC for me" mode until I've finished my world but I had to grab these. Great work, very creative. Thanks for sharing and I agree with alfiemoon a collection would be fantastic. Can't wait to see more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 12:38 AM
These are freaking amazing - I can't wait to plop them in my current game! Thank you for your work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 2:49 AM
Wow!! These are awesome! Thank you
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:05 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:45 AM. Reason: please read site rules regarding posting
Oh great googely moogely, I've been wanting this for so bleeping long!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 4:33 AM
I`ve been hoping for something like this for sooo long! You´re a genius for making the glass recolorable so we can simulate stained glass. Thanks and big hug!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#39 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 7:19 AM
this is just wonderful!it will be VERY useful when i start to build alien themed lots, thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 8:39 AM
Just the thing for futuristic houses and for classing up the contemporary. Nice job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 8:55 AM
Just what I was looking for ! Thank you so much !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 10:06 AM
This is awesome.Thank you so much!My SIMs really appreciate it.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
[QUOTE=DasMatze2]I could but I'm afraid there will be too many pieces clogging up the buy menu since I was planning to create the same pieces as in set 1 but translated around 0.5 meters higher so you can combine set 1 and 2 for skylights two times as big. What sizes did you think of? 2x1? 2x2?
QUOTE]

I was actually using the "constrainfloorelevation off" cheat with some pillars to build higher, but it's a lot of work. Although, come to think of it, and I have no idea if this works, but can these be made shiftable?

Ooo, I hadn't thought of 2x1, but that sounds like it might look good too. Yup, 2x2, I'm not sure if 3x3 is too big looking? I'll leave that up to you

I just managed to make one of the flat pieces shiftable in TSRW. Haven't tested the rest, but if it works with all of them you wouldn't have to go to all the trouble of making a whole new set
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 3:26 PM
Fantastic! Amazing job!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GAminRoger
But i have a conflict in the Delphy dashboard that say's skylight 1 side conflict with skylight comerln 1.

It shouldn't be a problem in the game. Skylight1CornerIn is the only item I created off Skylight1Side. For the rest I created a template. I could re-import it but then everyone would have to replace the old pieces.

I just managed to make one of the flat pieces shiftable in TSRW.

What did you do to achieve that? I tried the WFCanBeMovedUpDownOnWall flag but it didn't work.

Haven't tested the rest, but if it works with all of them you wouldn't have to go to all the trouble of making a whole new set

I probably would still make a second set so that there's a clean seam between the two windows. But I wouldn't have to create the top pieces or a third set (for on top of the second set).
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#46 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 7:06 PM
Fantastic ! Thanks a ton for sharing
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#47 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DasMatze2
What did you do to achieve that? I tried the WFCanBeMovedUpDownOnWall flag but it didn't work.

I probably would still make a second set so that there's a clean seam between the two windows. But I wouldn't have to create the top pieces or a third set (for on top of the second set).

I clicked another flag as well...ummm...wait...let me check what it was again...WFOnWall.

(Keep a backup of your old files though, the workshop just told me "couldn't clone object part" when I opened the test file, not sure if that's what caused it, but it might have been just my luck again...
wait...redid the change with a new file and now it opens, wierd, but just in case you have my kind of luck).

LOL! Why am I not surprised with the care you took to make the set, yup, clean seams are better! Sounds good!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 10:22 PM
This is wonderful. I have Lunar Lakes and don't enjoy the sterility of "outer space". I love how beautiful your skylights make my houses. I am having the Lunar Lake invaded by a people with very cute and large heads. They have very odd and interesting architecture. They are mostly sweet and naive with a great love of colors.
Thanks for a way to make their arrival more fun.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 12:08 AM
I've been waiting for something like this instead of those cheap tricks people use! thank you so much!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 5:07 AM
Mmm sexy skylights. Very nice! Thanks for creating this!
Page 2 of 6