Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#26 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:14 PM
Oddly I have a rule for this - PJs at night because bedtime - dress appropriately you uncultured oaf, undies during the day because you don't get completely undressed for a nap - or if you're sane you don't anyway. Mind you, if I nap during the day it's usually in a crumpled heap wearing all my clothes and I look like something left out for the washing basket for the rest of the day. Some sims wear nothing at all, especially after woohoo - the joys of ACR right there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:37 PM
Both. 'cause using a PJ without underwear is just gross...

My sims tend to switch a bit between them. Mostly PJs for all ages, though adults might go for underwear if they're having some fun-time. Some adult sims tend to vary, and I've seen them go to bed in PJs and get up wearing undies (sometimes after fun-time). If they get to choose, it varies. A lot of them tend to prefer undies.

Personally, I'm all for PJs. They're comfy, and practical. You can wear them around the house on days off, and in a crisis during night (fire, etc.) you can put on shoes and a jacket, and run out of your house without scrambling to find clothes. I'm using the same philosophy for my sims.
Helptato
#28 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:27 PM
Usually only PJs, this is a bit of a weird question, isn't it??

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#29 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:33 PM
I'm afraid some my Sims are more than happy to go out to the front street in their undies. Bianca Monty is one of my females who prefers not to wear a bra. One day she went out to the front street (Mendoza Lane in downtown Veronaville) to take the trash out, wearing only her panties. Ex-townie Carla Cameron happened to be passing. She looked at the almost naked Bianca, and a thought bubble appeared over her head surrounded by lots of love hearts. That was the start of the first Lesbian relationship in our Veronaville.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sparklypotato
Usually only PJs, this is a bit of a weird question, isn't it??

Dunno. Nobody asked it before, so I was curious to know how (most) simmers prefer to dress their sims when sending to bed. The Only game that includes two options/variations of sleepwear, so I had to ask. I usually kinda choose for them randomly not based on any criteria. I didn't know they sims had a different preference for autonomously choosing one (I thought they only picked the same either of two as a default one).
Alchemist
#31 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:52 PM
in past times playing, most of my sims slept in pajamas.
only exceptions::
-WooHoo/Try-For-Baby
-underwear in sim's Wants

this time playing; would probably have motive decay off through the cheat (motivedecay off).
Scholar
#32 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:07 PM
Pajamas if they are well and sleeping on their own, underwear if they are sick (so I can spot a sick Sim leaving their bed and wandering over to an area where plague tiles would cause a big problem) or if a lover is on the other side of the double bed (because lovers).

Also, I should probably do something about my clothing classifications, because at least one of my Sims has been spotted sleeping in a bed in a glamourous silk dress and high heels. As someone who doesn't even wear high heels when upright, it is difficult for me to understand the utility of wearing such apparel in bed (except, perhaps, as a self-imposed challenge). After all, Sims don't tend to have many parties at 4 am...
Link Ninja
#33 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 11:52 PM
I mean, they automatically whip into PJs if I send them to bed. I don't bother requesting them get dressed for bed because that's just an extra step. Kind of like how I appreciate them just whipping into their clothes after a shower instead of walking around nude until I request they put on clothes - extra steps man, don't want or need them!

Edit: Sometimes they may have underwear CC designated as their 'PJ's' but it's still PJ's to me!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#34 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:04 AM
I have a mod in my game that allows me to be spontaneous and choose what my Sims will sleep in just before they go to bed ... I've had for years and I couldn't remember what is was called or where I got it from so I had to Google it ... it came from here: http://modthesims.info/d/163716. I also plan their sleepwear based on each Sim's personality .. I have a few underwear sleepers and few nude sleepers ... nude sleepers are usually the ones who have no qualms about joining others a hot tub naked. Sims who are extremely low in energy will change into their underwear (if they are wearing any).
Field Researcher
#35 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
...Nobody asked it before...

Weeeell...

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#36 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'm afraid some my Sims are more than happy to go out to the front street in their undies. Bianca Monty is one of my females who prefers not to wear a bra. One day she went out to the front street (Mendoza Lane in downtown Veronaville) to take the trash out, wearing only her panties. Ex-townie Carla Cameron happened to be passing. She looked at the almost naked Bianca, and a thought bubble appeared over her head surrounded by lots of love hearts. That was the start of the first Lesbian relationship in our Veronaville.

Sims are so happy to walk out the front door in their next to nothings that I had to put a forced clothes changing sign in my Victorian Neighbourhood, so that they didn't offend Victorian propriety.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:40 AM
Doesn't matter in my game because the outfit selected for both of them is nude anyway.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 3:33 AM
I usually go based on personality: very Outgoing Sims usually sleep in underwear, very Shy Sims in PJs. In between, it depends: usually PJs if they have work the next day, otherwise let them pick or perhaps a Serious/Playful-based die roll.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Scholar
#39 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 3:54 AM
Children take their afternoon nap (5.30 pm to 7 pm) in their underwear; all others wear pajamas.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:49 AM
Slight derail. Is it usual for children to take an afternoon nap in RL? I always find that my sim children's energy drains faster than the adults'.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:54 AM
Depends on the Sim. Don L would sleep naked. Cassandra would sleep in PJs. Any Sims that I imagine would drink milk out of a carton would wear underwear.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#42 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:18 AM
PJs vs Underwear vs naked.

Depends on the sim's personality or what they were doing previously to sleeping.

That said a lot of times I forget and send them to bed in PJ's.

Here we wear clothes for a nap unless they are very uncomfortable. So if kids are very tired I send them to bed for a nap in PJ's but don't like it. I may use the simblender to put them back in their clothes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
The Question of the Universe is yet to be asked and debated on....

PJs vs Underwear

PJs at night, though I have undies that are classified as PJs and Romance sims tend to have those. But it's interesting to see what they have chosen if they went to bed for woohoo first.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#44 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I mean, they automatically whip into PJs if I send them to bed. I don't bother requesting them get dressed for bed because that's just an extra step. Kind of like how I appreciate them just whipping into their clothes after a shower instead of walking around nude until I request they put on clothes - extra steps man, don't want or need them!

Edit: Sometimes they may have underwear CC designated as their 'PJ's' but it's still PJ's to me!

But there's an option when you click on the bed - sleep in PJs; sleep in underwear, sleep in the nude (that one's a hack). Don't you get that in your game?

edit: oh wait, I might have that Smonoff hack Lilsister mentioned. That's likely - I tend to like stuff like that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 12:24 PM
PJ's or Underwear option on beds is vanilla @Charmful if your beds lack the option it might be a clashing mod. It's no extra step since you are clicking on the bed anyway.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmeraldFalcon
Weeeell...

*(recalls an inside joke where's there is a guy in my english class that starts the sentence with such overexaggerated expression)*. I didn't bother googling so I dunno (which I usually do so before) why it didn't come to my mind first of all. Of course I wouldn't gone digging for such a thread through hundred of pages
Link Ninja
#47 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 2:33 PM
Thanks for your concern, I guess I *do* have that underwear option but i have been subconsciously ignoring it for years because i click the first one I see and that is pajamas,

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#48 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:43 PM
I normally always have them wear pj's, but depending on how I feel. I just can't stand seeing my sims in their underwear when I'm feeling really cold. Also, is there any way to have toddlers in undies without hacks and cheats? Or is that just something Maxis added in for nothing?

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Alchemist
#49 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Slight derail. Is it usual for children to take an afternoon nap in RL? I always find that my sim children's energy drains faster than the adults'.
I think its common for little kids, say under six.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
...Also, is there any way to have toddlers in undies without hacks and cheats? Or is that just something Maxis added in for nothing?

Maxis added it for nothing. It is there but..without cheat, not accessible. You can though, categorize anything to be PJ, I did for the diaper. So I can have toddlers only wearing a diaper as their PJ.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 2 of 3