Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#51 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 9:25 AM Last edited by Axe Gaijin : 9th Apr 2014 at 9:56 AM.
I always do that, and not just in this game.
<--- My avatar over there is a character in DCUO modelled after me (but not a very good likeness since character customisation apart from costumes is limited.)

In Sims I make two versions of myself, the alternative version that I create as a YA and whose fate is determined by the grills of Story Progression and a version that I actively play.
The latter starts life as a toddler, with my best friend as my older brother starting as a kid.Then I just progress through the game, first playing this ready made family, then continuing on with myself-Sim and lastly, after his death I continue on with one of his children, etc.
Longest I played as such was 14 generations in Riverview.

Here is my young self-Sim getting married;

And again, on an earlier playthrough;

Edit: And a bonus shot of my "main" in SWTOR, taken on the second day of early release;

EDIT2: Hah didn't know I still had these on PB, my self-Sim in Sims2;

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 4:59 AM
Well, inspired by all y'all, I decided to make a new, more-accurate self-sim. I haven't had a whole lot of time to actually play TS3 in the past few weeks, but making my self-sim was a fun exercise. I'm definitely going to have to start plunking her down in towns to see what kind of crazy shit she gets herself into with Story Progression. I can't tell whether or not she actually looks like me (whenever I spend >1 hour in CAS, I kind of forget what human beings look like and then I go to play and it's like HOLY SHIT).

So I took a bunch of selfies to use as a reference in CAS, but then I realized I'm waaaaay too lazy to email 'em to myself to reupload so I can post 'em here. So I was like, "aw man, I'll just use a pic off Facebook!" and then the most recent picture of me on Facebook is one I took with a drag queen.

So here's a picture of me with a drag queen.

Face, without any details/makeup/hair.

Face, with details.

Finished Sim! I thought I took a just-face picture, but nope. Here's me and my sweet threads.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Space Pony
Original Poster
#53 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 1:16 PM
@Mammal: Nicely done

Although the game's limitations does show as your SIMs's hair style isn't quite similar to what you were sporting.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 2:33 PM
When I wear my hair down, it's much more similar to how it is on the sim, I just almost never wear it down But I decided my Simself was my ideal self when it came to clothing and hairstyles and so forth, so that's more how I wished I dressed and wore my hair. And also, she's a witch, because goddammit, I've wanted to be a witch since I was 7.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Field Researcher
#55 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
Although the game's limitations does show as your SIMs's hair style isn't quite similar to what you were sporting.

On the other hand, hair is the only part of MY self-sim that actually looks like my RL body part (I'm not that good at sculpting sims). This hair from coolsims really looks exactly like mine. If you're fine with using CC, you can really improve the RL similarity, reduce game limitations and expand the possibilities.
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
And a bonus shot of my "main" in SWTOR, taken on the second day of early release;

Your main is lvl1? ..and then I see that all your chars are.
Playing swtor just for creation char part?

For me, this is the best part of the game. Creation of char. Of course, my main is maid by my model, but not only that. My whole city is full of ppl from RL. I reserve the right, to mold them by my personal taste and wishes.
Inventor
#57 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dambi
Your main is lvl1? ..and then I see that all your chars are.
Playing swtor just for creation char part?

As I mentioned that picture was taken on day two of early access, just after I finished making al my chars on that server.
He's level 50 now. (still want to finish Vos before doing Makeb, and got caught up playing alts)
I am addicted to creating characters though and have characters on 5 different servers, including a character for each class that is modeled after myself. I'm an extreme altoholic

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 2:01 PM
i will admit that i have based sims' names off of real life persons' names, but i only make sims based off of people if i plan to kill em :*
Test Subject
#59 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
As I mentioned that picture was taken on day two of early access, just after I finished making al my chars on that server.
He's level 50 now. (still want to finish Vos before doing Makeb, and got caught up playing alts)
I am addicted to creating characters though and have characters on 5 different servers, including a character for each class that is modeled after myself. I'm an extreme altoholic

I don't know how I missed that. Have to pay more attention.
I also have many chars, but they are almost all, on 1 server (I bought additional server slots).

..and like I said, I love to channel my creativity through char creations. One more alcoholic on the list. :D
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i will admit that i have based sims' names off of real life persons' names, but i only make sims based off of people if i plan to kill em :*

charming
Field Researcher
#61 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear

I'd never (in TS3) had a sim die from starvation on me so my professor felt every bit of animosity I had towards her lecturing style when her selfsim died a painful death of starvation after electrocution the other day.

Following legitimate inquiry, of course.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:15 AM
I used to do this all the time. I don't do it as much anymore, but when I played Sims 2, there were COUNTLESS versions of my family in my game.
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 5:01 PM
I'm playing my whole family in sims ATM. XD
Page 3 of 3