Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 5:20 AM Last edited by LaurellKH : 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:12 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [solved] Children don't do well in school when teen stays home?
Is this a mod issue conflict or a game fault? If I keep a teenager home and do not send to college all younger children who are of school age are getting F. Is this just in my game? Note I also think that all young children are getting off bus at same time as teenager children. That is early around the 1pm. They do not seem to bring home homework.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 5:28 AM
If your children are getting off the bus at 1pm with teens your game thinks the child didn't go to school at all and will drop them by a grade per day. You must have a no social worker hack because children can't get an F without the SW taking them away. I had this happen in a very buggy challenge hood and solved it by letting all my game files regenerate. I thought it might come back when I put the hood back, but it didn't. So you can try that if you don't want the teen to go to uni. I would try without your cc first to see if it's a mod conflict though. Mine wasn't, just a very buggy hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:11 AM
Oh yes I had to have the no DCFS mod or scream. Stupid government official busy bodies. Thank you I will probably just work around. I hopped was easy solution but I guess not. Good to know.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 6:22 AM
The game regeneration is an easy solution. Just rename your current folder and let the game make a fresh one and then bring across the folders you want to save including the hoods into the freshly made folder. if your problem is in the Sims 2 folders under Documents that might fix it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved