Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:00 PM
Default Can I have multiple rabbitholes of the same function in the same world?
(eg. the base game Business Office and the one from Roaring Heights)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:10 PM
Yes. I have had 2 or 3 rabbit holes of the same function at the same time without any problems.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:00 PM
I think it's okay. I believe Sunset Valley has 2 different restaurants for the Culinary Career, and I know there are also 2 restaurants in Lucky Palms as well.

I wonder if you had 2 graveyards, which lot would the Tombstones would be kept at? Or maybe it's like the Fridge (bad example), and you can access all the food from any Fridge on your lot.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
One Minute Ninja'd
#4 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mister_wolfe
I think it's okay. I believe Sunset Valley has 2 different restaurants for the Culinary Career, and I know there are also 2 restaurants in Lucky Palms as well.

Well, one is a bistro and the other is a diner, so technically, while both do support the culinary career, they are different RH's. Generally, there is no problem with duplicative RH's, except the game will spawn extra NPC's to fill the RH with "co-workers", especially if one of your active sims is in the career. The game seemingly hates having a worker all alone in a RH. Still, it can be a good strategy for stuff like schools if you have a large, spread out map, with a big population that would overwhelm a single school or result in really long commutes for the kids.

Quote:
I wonder if you had 2 graveyards, which lot would the Tombstones would be kept at? Or maybe it's like the Fridge (bad example), and you can access all the food from any Fridge on your lot.

Not a bad example at all, just of questionable taste, so to speak. And one I personally have no answer for, as I've never tried it, although the mausoleums might very well work that way.
Site Helper
#5 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:50 PM
No, they don't. At least having one mausoleum and one rabbithole mausoleum caused vanishing sims in my husband's world. Nobody was going to either one when they died, including other family members who were on an inactive lot. But several other rabbitholes were fine to have multiples of.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
No, they don't. At least having one mausoleum and one rabbithole mausoleum caused vanishing sims in my husband's world. Nobody was going to either one when they died, including other family members who were on an inactive lot. But several other rabbitholes were fine to have multiples of.
Thank you for this. It was a question I had posted here years ago, when Ambitions was released, because when you own the graveyard one of the upgrade requirements is to add another mausoleum and I have never ventured to do it. Come to think of it, it's quite embarrassing that I completely forgot about this and haven't tried myself.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

Hmm. Well, now I wonder how that's working in my game. I have two cemeteries in MF right now. The default cemetery and Grim's Ghastly Manor. I'll have to see how this is affecting the afterlife of my town's Sims, 'cause I know both lots have a mausoleum. Sure hope I don't have to get rid of Grim's place, because I really like that lot. Not sure what would happen if I were to replace the default lot with it...

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 3:21 AM
In some cases, it might even be beneficial- i.e. multiple schools to avoid the single door lineup issue.
Site Helper
#9 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 4:33 PM
You can always delete the mausoleum rabbithole from the graveyard and just have graves there.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook