Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 9:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My college students will not graduate with 4 children on the lot.
If this was in another post, I appologize for not seeing it, however I did browse for a good 45 minutes trying to find it.

Now, I'm not sure if the college students could have children before I downloaded the inteenimater (I didn't have university before I downloaded it) but, the couple that I'm playing as, has had 4 children while at college. They have now, both, graduated and have 72 hours to leave the lot. However, only one of them will leave and the other just stays in their cap and gown and won't leave without the children. Now, I had packaged the home their living in, before they even moved into it, so that when they graduated, the home would be available in the main neighborhood, but it's not even showing up in the houses bin, outside of university (which is weird, because a dorm I had created, is) I would like to move them and their children into the regular neighborhood, but can't figure out how to do it.

What I've tried:
-having them both throw a grad party at once (only one parent left)
-packaging entire lot with family inside (only shows up at academy le tour)
-spawning the sim modder to make their son an adult so that they can leave and he can be put into the bin with their daughters (the children stay in the university's bin and the parents move onto the neighborhood)

I just want the family to stay together and in the home I created, but in the main neighborhood instead of the university. It's a MASSIVE home and took quite a while to make. It's a 6 bedroom, 3 bath, 1 library, 1 workout room, 1 rec room, 1 living room and 1 dining room. I made it specifically for them and put so much work into this family and would hate for all that time and effort to be for naught.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 9:30 PM
Wow, you've certainly put quite some effort into concocting this load of spaghetti and meatballs . I believe this situation is indeed why it is recommended that hacks are not used to give uni students kids. However, from reading the InTeen site, it seems that you should be able to get the YA (and their children) to leave using the Move Home option on the phone - they will end up as a separate family from the first parent, but you can merge them easily enough. If that doesn't work, see if the remaining parent still has the option to drop out.

Don't try placing that packaged lot from the bin - it'll break your neighbourhood.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 8:13 PM
Thank you! They're all back in my neighborhood now =] When I first tried that, both parents left the kids, lol. But, then I cancelled all of the children's actions and they left too. I'm so frikkin glad! Thanks again!
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved