Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:35 AM Last edited by MrDensilter : 29th Aug 2014 at 4:28 AM.
Default Guide me to create this sim
well first of all this is not my first attempt to create a celebrity sims look alike... welll lets get off to the fence...

I want to create this sim with your help guys(please)
here some reference of her:

what i need is:
proper slider to her face and proper CC/skintone that would fit to her thanks in advance...
by the way the model is Elle Fanning

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:36 AM
*i'll update her soon if you figure it out, what's best slider to make her sim version thanks

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:40 AM
as far as you are not wanting to make her black and white (correct me if im wrong) do you have another photo that shows us better how her skin colour actually looks like
also since her nose is really on the cute side maybe a burntwaffles skin (or better edit of joedys skin to be correct) would suit that best? heres a nosk mask overview corresponding to the skins ROSE + OPEU looks quite close...tell me what you think of that suggestion.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 11:04 AM
or maybe FOX it's quite similar thanks for the response btw for the pic that I picked up yeah it's black and white I'll find a colored one

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:34 PM Last edited by shmovese : 23rd Aug 2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: link added for 1st pic dresses
yeah...FOX looks quite close to the originals skintone (as i can see know) thanks for the update.
cc suggestions:
make-up:
Cat eye eyeliner by Gosik (she has more / similar version on TSR)
hair: (other recolours are likely available)
Long hair 12 - Teen to elder by sims2fanbg recolours e.p. Sims2fanbg's Long Hair 11 & 12 Retextures by I Like The Sims
Nightcrawler 02 Hair for Females
Skysims-Hair-194
Savio Hair 11 - New Mesh
"Lithium Kiss" - Silky Hairstyle for Females (Teen to Elder) by Elexis
Raonjena Hair 33
dress 1st pic
Cosmic Love ~ Spring Outfit outfit
Sentate - Zara Shirt so just as a top - bottom?
dress: 2nd pic
Sweet Temptation ~ Lace dress
Night Charm ~ Dress with Organza Layer for Teen-to-Adult with lace pattern like 31 Patterns Guipure and Lace at IMHO Sims 3
if you want more fancy-designer stuff maybe Rusty Nail or Artsims would have that... for e.p. with the right pattern this dress by rusty nails could be awesome.
(this is worth promotion: "Selene Bridal Set" - Short Wedding Dress With Sheer Skirt (YA/A) but i dont know if its a posssible choice at all)
that was fun bye bye

i would like to suggest sliders but as far as i dont know which ones you have. the schock&shame slider materlist is checked already? my personal favorite creator is OEM: oneeuromutt sliders (208 in total)

Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 12:35 AM
thanks shmovese i'll checkout oneeuromutt sliders and i'll update my progress when im done with all the sliders and cc stuffs to be collected.

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 4:58 AM
now here's the update from what i've been doing this week... sorry for late update because i'm kind of busy on the school stuffs but here it is:

anyone can give me a proper slider for the lips a great one i find difficult to mold the lips also in the eyes I tried awT slider but some slider functions does not work anyone?? help(please)

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
Forum Resident
#8 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 10:08 PM Last edited by shmovese : 27th Aug 2014 at 10:38 PM. Reason: slider max reached?
slider tipps: again. hard to give you more slider suggestion if i dont know which ones you already grabbed ;-) what the heck are you searching exactly? show us her lips without the make up. its better to see whats shape, whats shaped with lipstick. (or is that the skintones lips )
awts eyes slider: i am no expert on these but as far as i know the eyes slider need his eye mesh to work properly (the file thats called LOD0-eyeball) and this needed a fix made by buhudain e.p. thats available in two versions and that can be incompatible with certain eye defaults (or lets say: it was for mine it seems)
EDIT: the only other reason for sliders stopping to work is that you reached the slider maximum that can be shown (and operated). do you use a mod that allows more than EAs sliders? e.p. master controller (and integration thats needed to make the sliders be available also in edit town mode cas) since its so common to use such mods i bet it must be related to the mesh.

the skin: which one did you choose? is it a skin by burtnwaflles (FOX?) and are you ok with it? since i pointed you to these i have to say i am not sure if its a good choice for her. the skintone is lovely but i dont like the nose to be true. you likely get a sweet nose effect with any of the available nose sliders around on a skin thats equally lovely. but thats just my opinion of course. you would have better control on how strong this nose mask appear since its make up you can adjust in opacity Nose Mask by SK Sims or this one Nose mask №1 by Modern Lover

generally: love the face shape you created (the noses shape and the eyes, mouth and chin section) very well done Mr. D.! and i adore her eyes (colour) but sadly i think awts slider that actually worked made the pupils and iris/sclera misshapen. these (awts eye sliders) are one of few sliders i stay away from. and thats the last thing concerning her

eyebrows: do you know wundersims? she makes lovely (at the inner eyebrows naturally "messy") creations for female sims, e.p. WS Brow Set #2 . these look more like the originals eyebrows on the 1. pic i think.

Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 11:05 PM
very much help for you shmovese i know there's a fellow simmer could respnose to these. So i'll give it a try then... see yah on the next update..

EDIT: also I'm using NavetSea default replacement normal skin edition as shown in the images.. the lips is a lipstick by IN3S, I can't find the right lip slider for it...

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 1:54 AM
well the awT eye ball slider didn't go well, i replace it with eye contacts instead, also reduce the opacity of nose mask and the lips i have tweak a bit curve.

well that's for now

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
Scholar
#11 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 2:21 AM
She looks great! The only thing I see now is that you'll have to adjust the eyelids, especially the bottom lids, to close the "gap" created when you changed eyes. Good work!
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 4:20 AM
another update of this sim, I tweak the eyebrow distance to gap close like in the pic and the nose bridge i make it wide a little bit and the eyelid lower too.

that's for now I'm gonna take a break in this week
comments/suggestions are welcome

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
Instructor
#13 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:40 AM
Only things I see (and they're minor things) is you could bring the nose out just a tiny bit more and smooth the bridge ever so slightly.
Also I would raise the lower lid - not much, mind you, just a little itty bit more.

That's all I can see. Great work
Instructor
#14 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:22 AM
Up to me she looks the same :O. Really amazing
Forum Resident
#15 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:37 AM
she turned out so awesome! look at that overlay - well done.

Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shmovese
she turned out so awesome! look at that overlay - well done.

well can I upload this to the TS3 download section or not yet??

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
Forum Resident
#17 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:43 PM
i am not the pro here but since you asked me: => yes go ahead - i love her and so will a bunch of other people;-)

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#18 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 12:51 PM
I think she's a great likeness.

One thing though - can pull the camera back and show how you do the lighting? I'm curious what your light setup is like as her skin looks very mono-coloured and flat, and I'm wondering if a slight change in lighting wouldn't make her look a lot better. May as well show off such a great likeness to best effect, I think.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I think she's a great likeness.

One thing though - can pull the camera back and show how you do the lighting? I'm curious what your light setup is like as her skin looks very mono-coloured and flat, and I'm wondering if a slight change in lighting wouldn't make her look a lot better. May as well show off such a great likeness to best effect, I think.

well here's the magic :P

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
retired moderator
#20 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:39 PM
Yeah, that's.... a lot of light. Maybe a bit too much. What's your graphics settings in-game like? I'm wondering if it's not a combination of lighting and graphics.

Perhaps with lighting, try something more like:

Just three lights, with the colourful ones set off to the side (cyan and purple) and the "plain" one (flame) just a bit off-center but ahead of the sim. All of these are set to bright rather than normal or dim. You can see how the light on the floor starts to taper off before it reaches the sim - so it puts just a splash of nice light on the sim. Yet in closeup, she's not super colourful, but has a lot more contrast and depth visible in her face than with a whole lot of white lights:

You can, of course, just use white/bright and move the lights around a little, play with the amount of them, etc., for a slightly different, cleaner effect:

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:57 PM Last edited by MrDensilter : 1st Sep 2014 at 2:26 PM.
well, I tried the 2nd option of lighting but it didn't work well it's a bit too shadowy and dark but i'll try the option 1 with the combination of cyan and purple and also do you have lights above on it or nothing at all just the lights on the bottom??

EDIT: my graphics settings in-game is lighting:max and shadow:max is that enough??

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
retired moderator
#22 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 3:44 PM
The only lights I have are the ones shown there. You can always add a couple more, just try to keep them in the same places - that is, stack more than one light in the same spot to increase the brightness coming from that spot, rather than adding more lights arrayed around the sim. Gives you more dramatic lighting that way.

Yes, those settings sound okay. Might just be a weak-ish graphics card or something?

Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Might just be a weak-ish graphics card or something?

well my pc is 5 years old, and i'm using GPU named nVidia GT 220 GDDR3 128 bit 512MB card.. is that the case or am i missing something??

Download Policy
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS