Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:44 AM
How would I go about editing existing distant terrain?
I'm really wanting to use the Dragon Valley distant terrain for my white-cliffed coastal world but there are a few mountains that are a bit too.. mountainous .. for my liking and don't fit with the other terrain of my world.

How possible would it be edit the distant terrain object to lower this part of the mesh? It would solve all my problems if I could just flatten out this section..

Just a wondering, I imagine if possible it'd be tricky so might be a bust

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:16 PM
Unless you already know how to mesh/create/edit objects my guess is it would be more than tricky.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:49 PM
Isolate the package (using Delphy's Multiinstaller on the Dragon Valley Sims3pack)
Export via TSRW
Convert to obj via milkshape (install plugin first)
Edit using modeling software

You could also edit in Milkshape if the changes are small, otherwise the program is a hassle to use.

Then you essentially do the steps in reverse to get the object back into the game- but there'a some additional steps in S3PE if you want to make it a default replacement (rather than a new object).
Theorist
#4 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:54 PM
There are also some tutorials in the CAW section. Here's one here that might be helpful: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469548

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 3:10 PM
Milkshape is great for simple mesh edits like scaling down or changing the proportions of a mountain.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 10:25 AM