Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 4:47 AM Last edited by medievalknits : 5th Sep 2014 at 12:44 PM.
Default Awesomemod No-CD Not Working For Me
Background information: I have all the games up to Supernatural, and have been relying on the NRAAS no-CD mod to play the game since my computer's CD drive suddenly stopped working and I have not been able to get this fixed. I know, bad idea.

Today, I was moving all my CC into the appropriate bins (some hadn't been showing up, and my sister showed me how to put them away correctly so that they WOULD show up), and went to install them in the launcher. Everything was entered just fine.

However, when I went to play the game, it no longer recognized the no-CD mod. I decided to run a clean folder game, to see if that might help. It did not. Attempting to put the NRAAS mod into the new folder did not make the game run as it had been running previously.

At this point, I was told to switch to AwesomeMod. However, even though I installed the configurations--and learned that I had to have the no-CD option set to "disabled"--the game still will not accept the mod.

Is there something special I had to do to the configurations? Am I missing several important steps? I would like suggestions on how I can force my game to start back up again.

Thank you in advance!
---
ETA as of 9/5, 7:42 AM: I tried to get a new resources.cfg, thinking that that may have been the issue, but unfortunately, this just added more frustration on my part because it didn't work. I'm not even sure what I did wrong last night to cause this!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by medievalknits
At this point, I was told to switch to AwesomeMod. However, even though I installed the configurations--and learned that I had to have the no-CD option set to "disabled"--the game still will not accept the mod.

You were misinformed. The setting for Disable CD Check must be "Enabled" instead.
Also, make sure you delete your scriptCache file that is located in the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 section. It will be remade when you launch the game again. Let me know how this works for you.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------