Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 9:42 PM
Default Family Fun Pack Thread
Those lucky people from Switzerland - one member of our forums at SimsZone.de already has OfB. She has not found an announcement of a big new expansion so far, but one of the "Family Fun Stuff" booster pack. Click this link, watch the picture and read the small sized text
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 12:54 AM
WOW.... Thats awsome... Good find fabtep!!!

Looks like a mini pack... hmmm... march is when Open for bus. hits stores and it says April for this one.... Kinda suspious dont you think? Looks great though
#3 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 1:18 AM
I doubt I'll be buying it, it doesn't look interesting to me at all. But if you like fantasy themes it sounds good. :P
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 8:44 PM
I can't see it It gives me some error..
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 11:51 PM
:confused: me too :confused:
#6 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 2:58 AM
error fo me also...
I WANNA SEE IT TO!!
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 3:00 AM
Error. Ditto what everyone else said.

Autism Awareness, dudes.
1 in 166.
Autism- know the facts.elija
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Feb 2006 at 11:42 PM
haha... It must have been so top secreat that the maxis agents banned it! lol
Field Researcher
#9 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 8:41 PM
OK, did a bit of browsing as this kinda caught my attention, and found a few site pointing to the same sort of thing, the picture I found was this:

http://www.snootysims.com/family/familyfun.jpg
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Feb 2006 at 8:47 PM
Oooh It looks kinda cool It will be great especially for the younger sims

If you hate on me I have some advice click your heels thee times and say I wish I had a life
#11 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 12:31 AM
i don't know whether to believe it or not.....
Scholar
#12 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 12:34 AM
I don't see the first link as well It says error

But snooty sims pic is awesome but I am not holding my breath, can't wait though, I just hope the Price isn't like the Holiday pack because that was riculous!!
#13 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 8:54 PM
Ditto on the error. But looking at the other pic I don't know, I sort of agree with Helaene. I am not so sure about it. It would be cool if that pic is real. I am sure there will be a family fun pack since that is the word out there, but it just seems so strange that there is not a lot of info on it. And as 9b8ll said, I hope the price isn't the same as the Holiday pack. That was a lot to pay for something with so little content and little interaction. But I am willing to bet that is what they will make us pay for this new shopping pack. I am also going to bet there will be tons of us willing to pay that amount for it as well.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 9:11 PM
I heard about that, and I was hoping for maybe more interactions available for younger sims, but maybe not. :hmm: I'll have to wait to hear more info on it I guess before I decide to buy or not. Although knowing me I'll probably end up buying it!

[X] I'm yeah, kinda dark. But I'm happy. Not sad. I'm just shy and nervous...[X]
- Clea DuVall
~ Fydolla Ho ROCK! ~
"You suck." "OMG seriously?!!" "...Yes."
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 1:42 AM
I have an error too... In German. ?? Oh well.

The other one works, and looks cool! I agree with LadySwig, this should be good for younger simmers...

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
#16 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 11:33 AM
I'm not attracted by this at all, I'm definitely not buying it.
These mini packs seems pretty a rip-off to me.
Theorist
#17 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 11:46 AM
I'm with Stella on this one. I feel the talented modders and simmers do so much more (FOR FREE for the most part) than these packs. I have to repeat (maybe because I'm cheap, I don't know) that with the amount of money EA games rakes in 'just on simmers' they can afford to lower the prices on the EPs and so on. The Sims is only one part of their enormous empire. Okay, it's all about business and capitalism and free enterprise, but at heart, shouldn't a business 'care' a bit about customers, too?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 3:58 PM
I agree. This pack looks like another disappointment to me. From the pictures on the back, I can see that I have better objects from the many talented creators out there. I'm not into a nautical theme anyhow.
#19 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 4:40 PM
I don't belive it until I see it on March 2nd with my own eyes. Or until its officialy annouced. it looks cool though.
#20 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I'm with Stella on this one. I feel the talented modders and simmers do so much more (FOR FREE for the most part) than these packs. I have to repeat (maybe because I'm cheap, I don't know) that with the amount of money EA games rakes in 'just on simmers' they can afford to lower the prices on the EPs and so on. The Sims is only one part of their enormous empire. Okay, it's all about business and capitalism and free enterprise, but at heart, shouldn't a business 'care' a bit about customers, too?

Thats the problem, EA doesnt give a damn
Scholar
#21 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimplyStella
I'm not attracted by this at all, I'm definitely not buying it.
These mini packs seems pretty a rip-off to me.
Stella that is so true, actually that was my second thought as soon as I bought the "hoilday pack" I really felt I got ripped off and on top of that the reason (and the only reason) why I got that pack is because of the firework objects set that was the most intresting thing out all objects (that's it) all I really have to say is this Family pack better not cost 34$ like "hoilday" (yes that's how much I had to pay for it ! that's a Shame) it should be 15$ at least, and agree what HCAC just said you can get a whole lot more content from anywhere these days (and most of it's free :D) than the actual pack the only thing is I just hope is some modders to hack the all animations and create new ones that we never seen before that would be awesome just like the fireworks animations
Alchemist
#22 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 1:05 AM
Same here. I wouldn't buy a set of objects as a "mini-EP" I can found mostly whatever I need online for download. I love EPs, the fully fledged ones, because they offer what mods cannot: animations, scenarios, neighbourhoods, etc etc. That, I will pay for. To dress my sim up as a sailor, no way!. lol

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 1:13 AM
Like almost everyone who has posted in this topic I won't be getting it. Like 9b8ll and of others said its stupid to pay that much for those few things. I agree with what Ghanima said too.
#24 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 5:58 AM
Im with all of you I will not buy this mini ep Id really would like to have a vacation ep not clothes or dumb beds we all know maxis dosent know how to dress are sims so to offer of this is absurbed and then want us to pay 34.99 for it I will take that 34.99 and donate it here where it deserves to go if thats the case.I get so many awesome things from here so its like having a mini ep but with alot more to offer.lol
Field Researcher
#25 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by helaene
i don't know whether to believe it or not.....

I can confirm that's it's true!! :moose: I just got home with my copy from EBGames :moose:
I'm on my boyfriends computer, while mine backs up all my sims2 files!! I didn't expect to have it today!!! :D:D:D:D:D
Page 1 of 11