Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 12:17 PM
Default Creating a catwalk for H & M
heyy!
i cant work out how to actually get the sims to do a catwalk! i know it is probably a dumb question, but how do you get them to actually walk the catwalk, i cant find a way to create a catwalk!
can sumone giv me a tip or sumthign?

ryan
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The T
Put cloth changing booths at one end of catwalk and mirror at the other end and sims will change their cloth and walk on catwalk to nearest mirror.

Some thing like this

Mirrors ::::catwalk:::: cloth changing booths.

If you have invisible mirror, you can put that at the end of the catwalk where is sim stands so sims will change cloth, walk to the invisible mirror and pose with it, then return back stage.

Te

Well aren't you clever!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 5:51 PM
You don't need to have the H&M Stuff Pack for that, do you?
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 7:37 AM
oh okay awesome thanks so much!! but you know, on the preview... how do you get there to be an audience? lol sorry im new to all this stuff
Alchemist
#5 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rome_raven
You don't need to have the H&M Stuff Pack for that, do you?

I suppose not. You could apply the same method to a stage piece, I guess. Just you wouldn't have the big curtains or the catwalk lights. Aside from that.....
Field Researcher
#6 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 12:03 PM
You have to watch Maxis... they are a sneaky bunch. The audience in the preview pictures, the poses, everything was set up. You won't have any new types of actions or interactions. You will just have to use a selectable sim and plop their butt in the chairs next to the catwalk.
#7 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 1:12 PM
the catwalk lights, are they community lot only? I didnt see them in the resi catalog. :/ Seems a simple thing to add to resi lots...
Theorist
#8 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 2:57 PM
in the trailer, when some sims are walking on the catwalk, the audiences spontaneously stand up and claps, have any idea to reproduce that?
Alchemist
#9 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyfae
the catwalk lights, are they community lot only? I didnt see them in the resi catalog. :/ Seems a simple thing to add to resi lots...

No, you find them in Build/Fence Tool, and you drag them to place them.
#10 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
in the trailer, when some sims are walking on the catwalk, the audiences spontaneously stand up and claps, have any idea to reproduce that?

Sims do that when other sims have finished getting married.
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
You have to watch Maxis... they are a sneaky bunch. The audience in the preview pictures, the poses, everything was set up. You won't have any new types of actions or interactions. You will just have to use a selectable sim and plop their butt in the chairs next to the catwalk.

errrrrr they make everything look soo good!!! thats soo annoying.. wait isnt that classified as "false advertising" which is illegal?? cause they are making out the game does ALL THIS STUFF, and you get it. .and it does none of what it says it does!! thats soo frustraiting!
thanks anyway!

ryan
#12 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:25 PM
ah build fence tool eh??? Never would of thought to look there for them @__@
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
No, you find them in Build/Fence Tool, and you drag them to place them.

So that's were they are hiding... Wait light between fences ?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th Jun 2007 at 10:11 PM
argh! how sneaky! and no wonder I couldnt find some of the stuff!