Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 4:44 PM
Default H&M Design Contest
Just a few days ago a Design contest for H&M was said to be happening next week and you could download the design kit yesterday but there is no design kit.

Here is the link http://thesims2fashionrunway.ea.com...?languageCode=1

today there is none either. I'm not the only one right?
Is this happening to other people?

Xanga? Then go here
www.xanga.com/give_speak_want_dude

YOU can learn all about me!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 5:57 PM
There isn't any download in the italian page too...
._.
#3 Old 9th Jun 2007 at 6:04 PM
hmmm there any said rules on this here contest thingy??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 12:19 AM
i havent seen any...

Xanga? Then go here

#5 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 12:25 PM
[rolls eyes] Maxis are so useless....=/ lol
Ive been on practically every international version of that site and still couldnt download them....=/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 5:30 PM
ive been looking at it everyday to see if i could download it but it doesnt work....
mabye tommorow it will work

Xanga? Then go here

Instructor
#7 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 9:37 PM
Hopefully they'll release the kits soon, I would like to have them. :p
#8 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 10:05 PM
They will probably release them after the closing date knowing Maxis/EA........grrr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Jun 2007 at 10:07 PM
maxis will probably be like oooh we ment july instead....

=C

Xanga? Then go here

#10 Old 11th Jun 2007 at 1:44 AM
seriously.. dont leave it up to them to do something right.. *rolls eyes*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 1:04 AM
and still nothing today...

Xanga? Then go here

#12 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:51 AM
well, I am not worry by not being able to get the design kid because!!!!!! grrrr we cannot enter any maxis contest over at the exchange which i think sucks ! and very unfair!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 8:27 AM
well i am gonna be going on a trip so mabye when i come back they will have it.

mabye....

Xanga? Then go here

#14 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:25 AM
The runway is open to residents of US, UK, Austria, Belgium, Czech & Slovak Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, HOlland, Hungary, Ireland, italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand... actually an :eviltongu is needed.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nixie
The runway is open to residents of US, UK, Austria, Belgium, Czech & Slovak Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, HOlland, Hungary, Ireland, italy, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand... actually an :eviltongu is needed.

Lol. Maybe because they haven't shipped it yet to other countries and there would be no point in having a contest without the pack.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:52 AM
That would make more sense as indeed we don't have H & M here either.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cheshire_cat
So, what do you guys think - is it allowed to use the design kit for creating custom content, not related to the EA fashion contest? As in - can we use the kit to make stuff for MTS2? :D

I think that if it doesn't say we are not allowed, then it's ok to go all creative with those things. :D
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 2:19 PM
Is it true that you need to be 18 (or above) to participate?

I'm back and sort of not... I think I'm leaving mts2 and the whole sims2 business... If anyone is interested in uploading what I've created but not uploaded so far, please contact me...
Instructor
#19 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 8:06 PM
I really don't care. XD I just downloaded them for the stuff inside....
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 8:30 PM
I take it these will work without the H&M pack as I havn't brought mine yet (broke till pay day) .... I don't see why they shouldn't ..... hmm *Goes to download them*

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
#21 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:13 PM
So... we need to use the actualy fabric samples?? and make our own "pattern" from the small samples? Or can we emulate the fabric samples on our own.. ? *blinks*
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:20 PM
I think you are meant to use those samples... I havn't read the instructions fully yet though so may be wrong.

And, my mum just came home from the supermarket clutching H&M for me, isn't she lovely!

*Edit*

Yep, we do:

Quote:
• Create the designs you submit using ONLY the assets (meshes, fabrics, accessories) provided in the official Design Kit provided for each design theme at www.TheSims2FashionRunway.com

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
#23 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:25 PM
So we just put these kits in our downloads folder?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:26 PM
Yeah then open up bodyshop and then you'll be able to do it as usual using photoshop or whatever image program you are using.

#25 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 9:31 PM
Ok, cool, thanks
Page 1 of 2