Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2016 at 5:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Is my neighborhood corrupt?
Every time I try to load Belladonna Cove (the neighborhood I play the most) the game crashes. The last time I played, there was nothing wrong or weird going on in the neighborhood, but now I can't even get in it. Every other neighborhood in my game loads perfectly fine and plays normally. I don't think it could be bad custom content because I played in the neighborhood long after the last CC I downloaded. It just suddenly crashed the game every time I try to open it (subhoods as well). Please help if you've experienced this before or can give me some suggestions, thanks!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd May 2016 at 7:53 PM
Try deleting the neighbourhoodManager.package

C:\Users\UrName\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods - or wherever your My Documents are.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2016 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Try deleting the neighbourhoodManager.package

C:\Users\UrName\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods - or wherever your My Documents are.

Just tried it, but it's still crashes when I load it unfortunately
Instructor
#4 Old 4th May 2016 at 5:13 AM
Have you tried deleting the cigen.package and Groups.cache from your sims 2 folder?

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2016 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vllygrl
Have you tried deleting the cigen.package and Groups.cache from your sims 2 folder?

Yes I tried that as well, but it still crashes. And it's only that one neighborhood not my whole game
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th May 2016 at 11:59 PM
Sounds like it might be corrupted and the game has flagged it as too bust to load - do you have a back up?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th May 2016 at 4:40 PM
i have an idea
delete the neighbourhood then you can get a copy of that neighbourhood that you can download online
sorry i can't remember the site but you could type in "download copy of belladonna cove sims 2"
it worked for me when pleasantview was corrupt in my game

Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they just got fed up when the atmosphere clogged up and all hitchhiked a spaceship to another planet.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2016 at 5:12 PM
No need to download anything, just rename the EA Games folder, and the game will create a new fresh one next time you lanch it. From it, you can probably get a fresh copy of any Hoods.
Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th May 2016 at 10:21 PM
You can also grab Belladonna Cove or any other Maxis made hood right out of your installation files, no need to download it. Unless of course you mean a cleaned up BC with corruption removed, that is always a good idea.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~