Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2015 at 5:08 AM
Default Fantasy tree texture location
So as part of my ongoing quest to diversify plant colours, I really want to add recolours of the fantasy trees. However, I can't for the life of me find their textures anywhere. The _spt gives the directory as "X:\InGame\Objects\Trees\treeFantasyShrub\treeFantasyShrub_composite_d.tga" which is still not terribly helpful...

Would anyone know or have some educated guesses on where to look?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 1:52 PM
tgm. You're talking about Xnalara models (or just game exports), right? Well It could be that there are like 3 groups which means, 3 different textures. So if you're trying to make it for the sims 3, you should redo the entire UV map. But it looks like you do know what you're suppose to be looking for, since the _d stands for Diffuse. There aren't any other folders?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
tgm. You're talking about Xnalara models (or just game exports), right? Well It could be that there are like 3 groups which means, 3 different textures. So if you're trying to make it for the sims 3, you should redo the entire UV map. But it looks like you do know what you're suppose to be looking for, since the _d stands for Diffuse. There aren't any other folders?

I have no idea what an Xnalara model is, I'm afraid! All I do is edit the original EA texture dds, which are normally found in the fullbuild packages, but the fantasy trees aren't in any of them (or the delta build packages, I checked just in case). They were added to the game in a patch at some point, which might be why they're not with all the other things, but that leaves me clueless as to where they actually are...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 3:55 AM
The fantasy trees appear to be SpeedTree resources.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amarysauce
I have no idea what an Xnalara model is, I'm afraid! All I do is edit the original EA texture dds, which are normally found in the fullbuild packages, but the fantasy trees aren't in any of them (or the delta build packages, I checked just in case). They were added to the game in a patch at some point, which might be why they're not with all the other things, but that leaves me clueless as to where they actually are...

Oh nevermind that then. I though because those models uses tga files, that it wasn't even about the sims but converting something. Sorry for the confusion! >-<
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Dec 2015 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pj
The fantasy trees appear to be SpeedTree resources.

Aren't all the sims plants and trees made with SpeedTree? =\
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 2:42 PM
They're in the DeltaBuild2 package