Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 4:07 PM
Default What did you do with the Shady Shores characters?
I just downloaded this hood and I'm excited to get started!

Shady Shores

What is happening in Shady Shores for you?

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 5:52 PM
I've only played the Klandestyne family, but Zephaniah wanted to resurrect his wife and son and I totally let him. I don't use townies so it's a bit too small for me to have a hood of just elders and toddlers. I think I'm going to open each household and let them resurrect whoever they want on the first day.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:30 PM
Well it is interesting for sure being that it is a small hood (which i like) and only elders and children. Since elders don't really live that long I'm trying to figure out what I would like to do. I need to have adult sims in the household at least one, if the elders die before they turn teen.

So far in the Goodsetter household, I resurected the toddler's mom Lori Marshall. I will have her play as a single mom for now
She can start a career so they can get a better home while her ex mother in law Karen will watch the kids,

Scholar
#4 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:42 PM
I poked around in the family albums a little

On a side-note: Once again I´m glad about having gotten Bo´s Children and Pets unattended Mod
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:48 PM
Wow! Awesome! You guys! Especially you, Enki! You really went deep! Great storyline! :O :D

Keep it coming, y'all!
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Wow! Awesome! You guys! Especially you, Enki! You really went deep! Great storyline! :O :D

But I still feel stupid
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:54 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 9th Aug 2015 at 11:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
But I still feel stupid

Nah! You got it all right!

We just need to figure out what and who's causing all this chaos, (you seem to have answered the 'what' and sorta the 'who' part,) and why some people are immune.

ETA: And, this is for everyone, sometimes, you can get extra info or clues that we leave on the download's description page, for instance:

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#8 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 11:11 AM
I believe it's a water tank. But it can be anything. Only EA knows for sure.

Anyway, thank you for creating this thread. I'm always happy if I see 'What did you do with the (hood's name) characters?' threads.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 2:05 PM
Yes, in the catalogue that structure is a water tank. In the Shady Shores scenario it doesn´t need to be one. Could just as well represent an illegal nuclear plant waste deposit. Add the fact that Kouzai Yin is wearing a work overall and sports a fitting skill profile (high mechanical, a smattering of logic, body and cleaning) makes me highly suspicious against him. He got a makeover asap The children could be immune because they´ve already came in contact with the substance when they were in the womb and for some time I believed spending much time with them confers the immunity to adults. But some adults who interacted with the children died, too, so I´ll need a new hypothesis.

Anyway, this is what happened during the first day of play. Not much actually, but I got a feel for every household and managed to make them play differently. I want the elders to find a happy balance between child raising and self-fulfillment, so the first thing I bought everywhere where toddler beds to make the kids a little more independent. Rescurrections only happen if they are earned ingame.

Klandestyne Household:
Both twins started out in the red, no surprise here. But the materialistic bastards jumped into the green range after I bought them an activity table. They also revealed tinkering as their OTH.
Unfortunately they do not get along well with each other, but a few hours longer chained to the table should mend that.
Moneywise this household is fine for now. If they really get in a pinch I´ll have them cut down a tree perhaps.

Yin Household:
Kouzai aquired the Fortune aspiration perks and already gave his first business consultation online to fulfill his Earn money want. This way he doesn´t need to leave the house.
He is slightly overwhelmed by and has little patience with Kira, who refuses to be taught anything on account of her red aspiration. Don´t want to learn how to use the potty? Fine, spend the night stinky sleeping on the floor for all I care! Kieran, to the contrary, is already taking his first tentative steps on his legs. He started out in the green, or perhaps something I bought fulfilled a want and got him there.

Parks Household
The first I saw of Esra was when she was part of the Yin familiy´s Welcome Wagon. She cuddled a sack of flour as if to tell me she wanted a baby. For real, Esra? You have two of the real thing right there at your home!!!
I installed flooring in the upper floor to give the twins more space to play. Meanwhile Esra revealed her Cuisine OTH and seeing her five cooking skill points I decided to go the Restaurant-Guide route with her. A nice home job that´s sure to rack in the money and generate some serious hobby enthusiasm - perhaps up to the point where Esra will recieve a lamp to resurrect her relatives with? Ah, Freetime feels like such a crutch sometimes

Goodsetter Household
sheduled for today
I already have writing, lumberjacking and blogging as income sources, so Mrs. Goodsetter is fated to the crafting route.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 4:22 PM
Well since the mysterious illness totally slipped my mind I think I will start to incorporate it. (I was just going to play the game like a normal hood, I must admit though I've been inspired enki lol)

Since I resurrected Lori, I am going to have her open up a medical clinic in town as a business. And plop down some custom Sims into the town and I have a coal mine business lot as well so I'm pretending it was there all along and all the males including the elders worked in the mine. The adult males contracted an illness, the adult females got it from being intimate perhaps? The children though are immune, elder females are also immune because the elder males got a sickness of a different kind, if any die it was from shock/stress related reasons from losing loved ones. They have mental illnesses as a side effect , from the toxin Xamite which affected them but totally separate from the adult males. Currently the Shore and Co. Coal Mine has reopened and is under new management, the Disease Control claims to have cleared the mine from any signs of the dangerous toxin Xamite that was being released by a tool cleaning chemical that has since been discontinued. And now the small town of Shady Shores is being.flooded with new families for the new job at the mines. Other popular companies have heard the town's rising popularity including Wal-Mart and McDonald's who have already built their establishments.

Yes, the town will soon be fully alive. With the sickness close to being eliminated from the town, and a new clean mine, hopes for a clean hood are looking up.

I'm changing up some aspect of the story.
As of now each household has one adult sim
(Still not used to their names)

Parks household: she has an adult male boyfriend, she's a cougar lol but she is going to be a future nurse in Lori Marshal's clinic so he will be useful to watch the kids.

Yin and Klandestyne both now have adult female live in nurses, if something romantic should develop fine, if not that's fine as well. I'm playing the elder males as having dementia, Alzheimer' s disease. More and more they will be anti social and restricted to their home and Lori's clinic for check ups.

(So in general, I'm playing Shady Shores as the ending of the epidemic, so the hood families have to live with the memories but I believe the toddler's generation will try to make sure it doesn't happen again with strict health and environmental laws, so I see a strict government in the future for this small town. I won't be adding subhood.)

Scholar
#11 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 7:49 PM
I love all of this, especially that you focus on the rebuilding aspect.

... but we´re giving mining a real bad name in the Sims community
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 10:02 PM
Wow! You are all making me want to play this hood! :D

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 6:04 AM Last edited by grammapat : 19th Sep 2015 at 6:46 AM.
I was killing off bin people; Jessica Picasso had somehow lived through a pregnancy with no help from me. So when a "random" old man walked by I got her pregnant by him. I had not played any of the lots, so...woops. She had twin boys by old Mr. Klandestyne; they both have ski-sloop noses - Loofta is dark-skinned, Nabob is light, with ELF ears! I moved the Oldies in, and they raised all three babies.

Raz's sister Runa had a crush on teen Kiernan Yin since she was a kid...a very serious house-cleaning kid.
RL=http://s776.photobucket.com/user/grammpat/media/AA%20new%20hood/Kid%20Runa%20has%20crush%20on%20teen%20Kieran_zps2inzdewi.jpg.html][/URL]
Raz and Kira Yin had been on a date and really liked each other; they came home to a birthday party and had a first kiss.

Runa was so eager for a first kiss, she "forgot" to put clothes on when she got out of the shower. Her grandmother Laticia put a stop to the kiss, This was supposed to be their best birthday ever, and with the kissing and food it might have been. But hot dancing, hot naked teenager, a few pee puddles, and the party was a disaster.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 7:58 AM
Is it okay if I post things here too? I don't want to necro the thread
Trainee Moderator
#15 Old 19th Sep 2015 at 7:59 AM
Lol! Good old Leticia. She knows how to screw up a party.

@MileyTheSimmer Feel free to post your pictures here. I'd love to see them.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 2:53 AM
At the Marshalls, the ghosts keep everyone up. In two other houses I had to send the ghosts to a grave lot because the kids were near death!

Kelly and Tommy; Linus and Tammy. Not very original of me. But there six pregnant townies (by the two old guys) that might cause future issues...
Trainee Moderator
#17 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 9:10 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 20th Sep 2015 at 2:29 PM.
Oh, if you don't like the ghosts. Feel free to send the graves to the cemetary.

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Kelly and Tommy; Linus and Tammy. Not very original of me. But there six pregnant townies (by the two old guys) that might cause future issues...

Lol!
Let's hope there aren't any twins, sneaked into the pregnancies, which could duplicate the mess.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#18 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 9:19 PM
Twins? Oh no, there's no twins anywhere.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 4:02 AM
So, this is my first ever non-EA premade hood to download and play. I've only ever made my own and played them.

First, I am an ocd person and just as equally ocd simmer. So, understand that when I say that those houses were not anything as I would make them to be! They really screwed with my play style and it was very annoying, as equally as the ghosts were. However I decided to keep the houses the way they were, complete with crappy cheap beds (at least at first) to go with what the creators had put in.

Second, after playing the Goodsetter house for a few sim days I quickly learned the value of moving out all the graves! It was impossible to play the living with the dead breaking things and scaring everyone, and then the strays kept coming over and over, so much that I thought there was a glitch in my game! Spent so much money in the first two houses paying the repair woman to fix everything. I've never in my simming life ever experience so much broken stuff at one time! Was that on purpose or just my bad luck?

I got all the toddlers raised in platinum thanks to my cheat rule, focus only on potty training. All the grandparents got jobs using boolprop to give them proper full time jobs. If you know a way to do that without using boolprop and clicking on the newspaper let me know. The two grandmothers got education jobs, Yin wanted to be in the medical profession and Klandestyne got a cc job as a mechanic.

Currently all the toddlers are now teens and were faced with a major problem, a serious lack of future partners. The hood was considerably short on female partners. I found one future spouse for Tammy Marshal, a cashier at the one stop shop and moved him in as a teen using boolprop add to family after they were in love. I've just recently made a custom downtown using Rivers Bend Template. Now all my teens are meeting the downtown sibling teens (Tricou family). But hey, it gives a few more townies in the mix.

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Test Subject
#20 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 4:09 AM
I started with the Marshal family. Karen rolled a bunch of job related wants right off the bat (probably worried about how she'd be able to provide for Tommy and Tammy) and I think I like the idea of her as a teacher. The town's definitely going to need a school once all those toddlers grow up! So I gave Karen a bit of a makeover- my defaults her her looking a bit blah- and I styled her kind of casual. She also wanted to resurrect Brian, so we worked on that next. Although the two have 2 bolts, they haven't really interacted much, except for the occasional chat when they are the same furniture.

The welcome wagon soon arrived and neatly demonstrated the neighborhood dynamic. The survivors had started to become wary of each other; relations were strained as fear and confusion added to their sorrow. The little party consisted of Zephaniah, Esra, and Kouzai. Esra just walked up and started throwing around a sack of flour like it was a baby. Karen didn't know what to think and didn't really do a great job of hiding her reaction. And then Kouzai started taunting her about how her family was the first to get sick and how they brought this plague of death to their neighborhood. Zephaniah on the other hand, just stood around for a while and then walked back home. Apparently he didn't make it all too far, because about 20 minutes later, he had circled back around and was walking by the Marshals again. Poor guy.
Trainee Moderator
#21 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 11:51 AM
I love the way you have made-over them!
And the house looks beautiful, too! :lovestruc

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#22 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 7:32 PM
It's OK to bring back this dead thread. But in my new Shady Shores, it's NOT OK to resurrect anyone. Seeing how unhappy and poor everyone was, first thing I thought was they all should life TOGETHER, and the men & women could pair up - but they dislike each other! Luckily this is one of 6 sub-hoods, so I used a hack to find suitable mates:
Karen Marshall & Mortimer Goth
Zeph Klandestine & Claire Voyante (she was the house mother of a bunch of teens, but she knows Zeph twin toddlers need her more, and SHE needs a companion)
Yang (who doesn't look Asian at all) was so miserable, I MADE a pretty Asian woman to take care of the family.
Am building them a group home,maybe two, so the kids will be friends.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#23 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 4:30 PM
Thank you so much for this small custom hood. I especially loved it as just a little something to add to round out a megahood I was starting (and I adore toddlers, so that was a bonus). I've now played that megahood for more than eight sim seasons and still love it, so I thought it time to share what's happened regarding Shady Shores!

(I'll be mentioning moves made to other subhoods in the megahood, so I'll explain now that HBG's Meadow Creek was the main hood, Belladonna Cove became the downtown by way of a Tarlia template, and Middleground was attached as an additional, empty subhood to provide additional housing options---because I play with settings 3 or 4 of Cyjon's Bigger Bills, almost all premade families have to be moved to less expensive digs at the start of the hood, so affordable housing and numerous housing options are typically a priority.)

Also, apologies in advance: I'm not a picture-taking simmer. But I'm happy to try to make up for it with detailed description, heh. So detailed that I thought using spoilertags might keep the length of this post more workable...because yeah, it's reaaaaallly long.

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/