Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 8:41 PM
Default What do I use to open the swb.effects file
Hello. I'm learning how to mod the Sims 3 and eventually the Sims 4. Right now I can comfortably mod in custom paintings, skills, etc. What I'm trying to learn now is how to work with the effects file, and I don't see any sort of tutorial for it or any information in general. I looked at other mods that alter this file (velocitygrass_nomosaic and velocitygrass's "Make your own effects mod tool") but when I open the file in SP3E I can't see anything in the right-side panel, and when I export the file and open it in Notepad++ I only see garbage text. What program do I need to use to open this file? I know tutorials don't really go in-depth, and that's fine, I enjoy playing and learning how to mod, so if there's no tutorial that's not a big deal (however if there is one a link would be appreciated), but my GoogleFu is weak and trying to goodle "How to open the SWB.effects file" so I can even begin to try learning gives me no answers.

Any help would be appreciated.