Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 3:52 AM
Default Send sims to "additional home lot"
The Real Estate system in the game lets you purchase additional lots, and if it is a residential lot that you purchase, you are able to move that to be your main household. I'd like to find a way to send only some of the sims there. Right now, you either move your entire family to one lot or another, you can't split them up between multiple, owned lots.

To try something, I modified the "SetBedOwnership" interaction and got the menu to appear on beds on additional owned lots (it previously did not). I had to modify the SimPicker action, but was able to get the Sims' names to come up in the menu. But when I click on them, nothing happens. I would have assumed that it would have sent them there if they wanted to sleep, but it didn't appear to work.

One of my main purposes of trying to achieve this is to be able to own an additional lot, and then collect rent on it if you have anyone that lives there. I realize that NRaas Story Progression allows you to do that, but I haven't played with it and don't know entirely how it works. I was hoping to be able to combine this with my Roommates Fix mod. I've changed it so that when you are on a residential lot, the roommates are called "tenants". What I want to do now is get it so they can "live" in the additional home that a sim could purchase.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Sep 2015 at 8:48 PM
I have no help for you, but I'd love to see a mod like this. My use case is simpler -- My active household consists of two brothers and their families. I want to keep them as a single active household, but I want them to each own their own home. Right now, Brother2 and his daughter can't go "home" to their (secondary owned) residential lot. Worse, when the daughter is a child, I can't send her there after curfew, even if her father is there. She sleeps over with her cousins a lot.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 11:00 PM
I have the same problem! I'd like the adult children of my legacy to be playable but live on a different property. Has anyone made any progress?

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.