Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 9:47 PM
Default Please help - Sim keeps getting bad memory
I guess this is the right place to post this, and I would appreciate any help. I recently started a soon to be family today on Sims 2.
Both of them have 100 relationship in both bars, 3 bolts, family aspiration, friends and best friends, plus crush and love. Both of them wanted to get engaged to each other (which I was planning on having them do) so I had sim 1 propose to sim 2 an engagement.
Sim 1 gets a good memory every time. But sim 2 always gets a bad memory, no matter how many time I restart it. She always says, " Oh, I dont know if this was a good decision for a sim like me..." I dont know where I went wrong, I thought that only happened with Romance aspiration sims.
Does anyone know how to turn it into a good memory? Or to guarantee it will be a good memory? I know I am just being really controlling at this point, but I cant stand to see such a memory plus I dont feel like making an elaborate backstory as to why she feels uncomfortable. Thank you for any help
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UkendtNavn
I guess this is the right place to post this, and I would appreciate any help. I recently started a soon to be family today on Sims 2.
Both of them have 100 relationship in both bars, 3 bolts, family aspiration, friends and best friends, plus crush and love. Both of them wanted to get engaged to each other (which I was planning on having them do) so I had sim 1 propose to sim 2 an engagement.
Sim 1 gets a good memory every time. But sim 2 always gets a bad memory, no matter how many time I restart it. She always says, " Oh, I dont know if this was a good decision for a sim like me..." I dont know where I went wrong, I thought that only happened with Romance aspiration sims.
Does anyone know how to turn it into a good memory? Or to guarantee it will be a good memory? I know I am just being really controlling at this point, but I cant stand to see such a memory plus I dont feel like making an elaborate backstory as to why she feels uncomfortable. Thank you for any help

What is the aspiration of the sim that keeps getting the bad memory?

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
What is the aspiration of the sim that keeps getting the bad memory?

She is a family sim. I hope this helps.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 9:59 PM
Mods to change memories
1) Sim Manipulator
2) BAT Box @ MATY
3) Tattered Diary @ MTS http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=526406

If there both family with 3 bolts only thing I can think is they are not in the best of moods, or their aspirations are low. Sims will reject proposals if the room is dirty or they are tired, or they haven't done enough chatting with their loved one all day. No one likes a proposal without a bit of loving to prepare them at first. Also you don't say much about their personalities - is one sim mean?

Or it could be a glitch.
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:02 PM
Here is the fix for this http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=16.0 the engagement memory one
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Diovanlestat
Mods to change memories
1) Sim Manipulator
2) BAT Box @ MATY
3) Tattered Diary @ MTS http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=526406

If there both family with 3 bolts only thing I can think is they are not in the best of moods, or their aspirations are low. Sims will reject proposals if the room is dirty or they are tired, or they haven't done enough chatting with their loved one all day. No one likes a proposal without a bit of loving to prepare them at first. Also you don't say much about their personalities - is one sim mean?

Or it could be a glitch.

Thank you very much! I have never seen that diary before, so I may give it a try.
They both have nearly complete motives (in the green), and they have interacted plenty. So I think I am just going to have to fix the memory. Is it simple enough to use the diary? I dont trust myself with SimPE.

EDIT 2 : Also thank you Fearless Butterfly, I never saw that one before. I am really appreciative for all of this help
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:14 PM
Op, that sounds more like the engagement memory bug than anything you are doing. Make sure you are fully patched (Unless you are using the UC which comes patched) and have the engagement fix linked to above.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:18 PM
it's almost certainly the engagement memory glitch. follow jo&sarah's advice.

Check out my simblr https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tbssimblr

Click the link, you know you want to. ;)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:22 PM
Thanks so much everyone! I put it in my downloads folder now and am running it. I will update if it doesnt work.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:35 PM
It will work 100%. Very looong ago I had the same bug, and TwoJeffs' mod fixed it.
It was one of those things Maxis never took care of in any of their patches.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:44 PM
Also you don't have to change the memory unless you want to, it doesn't alter anything between the sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#12 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 10:49 PM
Also, could it be that Romance aspiration is set as the Sim's secondary aspiration? Or does it not make any difference about the memory's outcome?
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Also, could it be that Romance aspiration is set as the Sim's secondary aspiration? Or does it not make any difference about the memory's outcome?

Well, Romance Sims have issues, but this particular bug (without TwoJeffs' mod) happens to every Sim, no matter what their primary/secondary aspirations are.
In my game my Sims had Knowledge/Family and Family/Popularity aspirations. Usually the Sim being affected is the receiver of the proposal.
Scholar
#14 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 3:11 AM
Yep I had that glitch. And got the fix. Thank goodness

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2